Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Oh look, the one on top may fall off the bottom one...let me catch it....with MY MOUTH! 

It's 7 in the morning and I want one of these for breakfast now. And I mean NOW!

If you guys don't mind processed food ( from bags, boxes and cans ), and gluten... I do have a very easy to make version of this yumminess. If y'all want it, let me know. 

The way I make it for us is a bit more demanding for me to put it down into recipe in English... Smiley Tongue

Two nights ago, I made CHIP-KEN Smiley Tongue

-2 chicken breasts, butterflied and cut into strips/pieces (I typically end up with 12-15 pieces when working with that amount of chicken)

-1 egg, beaten and set aside in its own container

-Flour or corn starch (used to lightly dredge chicken strips)

-Spices/seasoning (add these into the flour/corn starch, I like to use salt, pepper, and onion powder, feel free to keep it simple or jazz it up as much as your taste buds want)

-Chips, crushed up (no need to make it a super fine powder as you still want there to be crunch)

-Bread crumbs (optional, if you want to add in a seasoned variety in with the chip crumbles you can to help coat chicken even more)

Here are the chips I love to use:

They're pretty flavorful on their own (so I don't need to add in too many spices to the dredging step) with quinoa, brown rice, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, oat fiber, safflower oil, and sea salt.

1. Set oven at 350, line a large baking sheet or tray with foil (because I'm lazy and don't wish to wash a pan after if I don't HAVE to). 

2. Dredge chicken in flour/corn starch mix that has been spiced/seasoned lightly, coating both sides of chicken strips.

3. Dip strips into beaten egg and transfer into a separate container with the chip crumbles (add in the bread crumbs if you want) and coat strips evenly.

4. Lay out strips on foil covered pan/baking sheet, move to oven, bake for 20-30 minutes.

5. Remove from heat, let cool a bit, enjoy as is or with any condiments/dipping sauces! 

You can really play around with the type of chips you use, you can even do baked varieties or use hearty crackers like Cheez-Its or Ritz Cracker Chips.

Sounds yummy and is something I also make. Except I substitute the chips for crushed pork rinds mixed with a bit of cashew meal.

Speaking of pork rinds, my bf had a bag yesterday and I totally mentioned how we should use them as coating one day! You and I must be on the same wavelengths! Smiley Wink

Pork rinds make great coating--similar to panko crumbs without all the carbs.

I grind them up in my food processor by the bag. The spicy version is also good to have on hand.

The reason why I've probably never breaded with pork rinds is because once I get my hands on them I make sure non are left! Smiley Very Happy Haha! I love the spicy variations....gahhhhh now I must do this soon!

Usually I serve this garlic parmesan chicken over zoodles ( absolutely delish! ).

Like this:

This time it was over riced cauliflower. And, no spinach. Yumm!!!

Mix it all up, add more grated parm, and dig in!

Looks like some cray pilaf, huh? Smiley Happy

This looks good. But Popeye would be very disappointed in you! Smiley Wink

Screw Popeye. I always liked Wimpy better, anyway. Smiley Wink

oh he was adorable with all his hamburgers!

Yes, pls, hamburgers over spinach any time! Smiley Very Happy

This is the rest of the grass-fed beef brisket that we got. Today my husband made Texas style barbequed brisket. He grilled this at a low temperature on the BBQ over some hickory wood chips. Very tender and slight smoky flavor.

I don't know which brisket looks better.  They both look amazing and delicious!

That brisket looks like it's trying to escape the pan!

Oh my gosh. This looks AMAZING.

Oh my. I need this in my life.

You guys are all healthier than me, but I know you appreciate some treats! I thought I would share this easy trifle recipe with you. I made it for father's day and will be making it tomorrow for a 4th of July bbq party.

Recipe

Spoiler

Ingredients

two 3.4 oz packages instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix
4 cups milk
Angel food cake (about 12 oz), cut into pieces
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup chopped raspberries
12 oz cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)

Instructions

1. Add pudding mix and milk to a large bowl and make according to package directions.
2. Add about half of the angel food cake pieces to the trifle dish.
3. Top with about 1/2 of the prepared pudding.
4. Top pudding with about 1/2 cup of each kind of berry.
5. Top berries with about half of the cool whip.
6. Repeat steps 2-5.
7. Finish off trifle with additional berries on top.
8. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, until ready to serve.

I used a LOT more strawberries than it said. I recommend getting more of your favorite berries for the top. I also bought a pre-made angel food cake because I'm lazy.

Can you send over one please Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

Who wants healthy all the time? This looks quite yummy!

this looks so good! Thank you for sharing I am going to try this!

Droooooool! 

I made spaghetti yesterday so that's what will be for dinner tonight, as well.

It was delicious..but sadly, I ate all of the bread before dinner came around so I might need to get some today because if I'm going to be bad, I might as well be very bad..

San Marzano tomatoes definitely make a difference.

They are the best.

Super quick recipe

Spoiler

Dice an onion (I used yellow)

Grate/Mince garlic (I used to big cloves, grated them because I'm lazy and its pretty efficient)

-set aside-

Brown the meat (we had lean but fatty is great; I like to salt the pan first to crisp up the edges, then I'll add olive oil, if it needs it and will pepper before I dump it in with the onions)

Heat big pot, add olive oil, onions and after a couple of minutes the garlic

Add meat once done, cover with lid for a few minutes

Add canned tomatoes (San Marzano if you've got them)

Cook the sausages; I used both Mild and Hot Italian sausages but I cooked them separately so the hot didn't get all over the mild.

Add those to the sauce, then tomato paste; cover

I ended up using water to clean out the tomato cans; it all depends on how thick you want your sauce

A little wine, let it cook off

The longer it sits, the better.

I think it was about 6 hours of simmering before we ate

I'm really looking forward to leftovers tonight..

Pasta.. yum. Home made, long-simmered sauces are so good!

Are they angel's hair? 

3,026 Replies