cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

lol @JoSometimes; I probably should have referred to it as a salad roll (yeah, that would have been good; why didn't I think of that earlier?!! hahaha!), but my brain just registered "salad but not a salad🤣

@itsfi @Oh yes!!!   The shop sells so many unique infused oils and vinegars.  Basil lover are you?  Noted;) 

I've been craving some homemade pizza all month, but it's such a process that I only make it a few times a year. I do this in large batches to freeze my leftover dough + sauce and pop in the fridge overnight for a quick, delicious meal the next day. 🍕 I decided to finally put the time and back breaking work in earlier this week. The dough is meant to create crispy pockets/"air bubbles", however the full process takes about a day and a half to fully be ready and my patience was truly wearing thin during this waiting period, not going to lie 🤣 BUT we made it through and I finally got my homemade take on Margherita pizza last night (and enough frozen dough to make 5 more large pizzas in the future). 🤗

Here's some pictures I grabbed of the process, during the few times my hands weren't too dirty to take a photo 🤣

IMG_4083.jpeg

The homemade pizza sauce (in the process of cooking/thickening up). Admittedly, we go a little overboard on the veg, spices and aromatics for some people's liking, but I got this recipe from an old family friend ages ago and the only thing I've changed is slightly adjusting (upping) the measurement of the aromatics to our preferences. This is a slightly thicker but much more flavorful pizza sauce in comparison to some of the other recipes I've tried throughout the years, but I think it pairs perfectly with the simplicity of the toppings in a Margherita-style pizza, so I decided to go with this particular recipe this time around.

IMG_4088.jpeg

I can't stretch pizza dough to save my life, despite being the one to make it. Luckily for me my S/O used to work at a pizza shop in his teenage days and retained a thing or two (at least enough to get some dough that resembles a pizza on the pan, which is way above my skillset 🤣).

IMG_4093.jpeg

And here is the finished product right after coming out of the oven, I brushed the crust over with a garlic-parm butter. This definitely hit the spot! 🍕❤️ 

@QueenMarceline This looks amazing. I bet it was worth all of the effort 👌🍕

@Mellmars1185 Thank you so much! ❤️ 🤗

Oh man. I’m jealous @QueenMarceline. Delicious 😋 

@blackkitty2014 Thanks so much! 🙂 You are all invited for leftovers!

@QueenMarceline  How did you get the burnt bubbles on the crust?  I love those!

@Ispend2much6 I can send you the dough recipe via PM, if you're interested. I let it ferment for a bit longer than 24 hours as well 🙂

@QueenMarceline  I would love that, thanks so much!  I make pizza frequently, but have never been able to do that.

@QueenMarceline , I would love your crust recipe as well! 

@tsavorite @Ispend2much6 Sending it over shortly, I recommend watching the videos linked within the recipe as well on how to do the folding. I messed up my first time 🤣 

Thank you, @QueenMarceline !

@QueenMarceline ,

Your finished product looked like it was worth all your efforts!  Yum!  What is better than pizza?

@tsavorite Thank you kindly! ❤️ Sometimes the extra elbow grease is worth the results 🤣

Mmmm…. Pizza!!! This looks amazing @QueenMarceline! It’s almost too good looking to eat. Almost!!! Gotta dig into that gooey cheese. Nom, nom, nom!

@itsfi Haha, keyword: almost🤣 Thank you so much! Maybe next time I'll do different toppings and sauce to switch things up 🙂 Nom nom!

Different toppings would add yummy variety, but there's something just sooooo good about a margherita pizza @QueenMarceline😋 It's a classic and classically delicious! 

@QueenMarceline @That looks soooooo good!!!!  Those crust bubbles especially!!!  

@heartsmyface Thanks so much, those are actually my favorite part 🤤❤️

@QueenMarceline  wow, that looks absolutely scrumptious! How impressive that you made it from scratch!

10,864 Replies
testing