cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Ispend2much6 @WinglessOne  Thank you both! You definitely made me want to try baking some more things, with those comments! And I agree, with loving the doughy parts. I love soft pretzels 🥨 

@Ispend2much6  @ParrotTulips  That’s my favorite part of soft pretzels, too. 🙂 These look delicious! And now I want pretzels. 

@WinglessOne   I knew you were a good person. 😉

I think these look great, @ParrotTulips!

@ParrotTulips These pretzels look very tasty to me. Yum!

What's on your plate?

Made some papaya salad today. This is really an acquired taste for some people.

@NinaNee  I’ve never seen this before but it looks delicious!! 

@ather Thanks! This dish is sour, sweet and salty all rolled into one. 

@NinaNee ,

I have never had papaya salad, but yours looks delicious!

@tsavorite Thanks! It is good but like I said it is an acquired taste. For some people it smells a little too strong for them.

@NinaNee I’m drooling 🤤 where do you get the get papaya? I tried to look for the greenest one at local stores but never seem to find them 

@blackkitty2014 For green papaya you'll have to go to asi...

@blackkitty2014 For green papaya you'll have to go to asian stores. I've only ever seen ripe papaya at the chain grocery stores. If you can't get a hold of the green papaya you can use cucumber or mangos that aren't so ripe.

Re: @blackkitty2014 For green papaya you'll have to go to asi...

Great tips @NinaNee .  Thx so much Heart I have to make this now that summer is almost here 😉

@blackkitty2014 you're welcome! I've been making papaya salad for the last 3 days straight. My husband and I love eating it. We tried to make out kids try it but my son who is a super picky eater would not try it. He said it was too stinky lol. My daughter tried it and she didn't like it.

@NinaNee You can’t never know what kids like especially the picky eater ones. My 4 and the half yr old son only eats home cooked curry. He won touch chicken with bbq sauces but he chows down a bunch of grilled chicken legs. 😂🤣 

97471303-32B6-4F5C-9D63-A603A78F86C9.jpeg

My favorite plate of all. The greens are pre-packaged but i double triple wash everything with salt water. We normally dress the salad with cooked shrimp or eggs or bacon bits and different choices of dressing 

@blackkitty2014 ,

Your salad looks wonderful!  Very appealing!

@blackkitty2014   Nice and healthy!  You used those yummy mini cucumbers?  I am so thankful they are available- no seeds! 

@Ispend2much6 I love those mini cucumbers. They’re delicious 😋

@blackkitty2014 That looks really good.

Looks so fresh and healthy @blackkitty2014! yummy! 🥰

10,864 Replies
testing