cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@NinaNee  Heh, I frequently make huge batches of things, usually enough to last a week. I still end up cooking during the week, but sometimes I’ll repurpose my big batch of whatever in other dishes. 🙂 This looks great! 

@WinglessOne Thanks! I do that sometimes too. Whenever I make pho, I make a weeks worth. I hate doing all that work just for 1 days worth of eating.

@NinaNee ,

That sounds like smart cooking to me!  It looks wonderful, too, but I have never had Jambalaya yet.

@tsavorite jambalaya is very yummy. I do like mines very seasoned so I add in a lot of creole seasoning.

@NinaNee Ooh that looks delicious! 

Thanks @Samtian 

This looks delicious, @NinaNee! We're definitely fond of a good leftovers dish here too haha. 

Thanks @quspork I do love cooking but sometimes I get so...

Thanks @quspork I do love cooking but sometimes I get so tired of cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes I just want to be lazy and cook one big batch of something and then I'm done for the day or for 2 days lol

Re: Thanks @quspork I do love cooking but sometimes I get so...

Definitely feel the same, @NinaNee. I love being in the kitchen, but there's a little bit of burnout that happens along with it sometimes- especially now. 

Yes, totally agree @quspork. I'm only going shopping every 2 weeks so it's been a hard to keep fresh produce.

Most definitely, @NinaNee. I'm trying to stick to two weeks as well and that makes it hard with fresh fruit and veggies, plus our area is seeing meat shortages as well. Luckily a few area restaurants have starting doing a kind of "market" for online orders along with their regular food so you can grab some random things from them. 

@NinaNee @ParrotTulips Jambalaya looks so yummy. I have to make it sometimes. @NinaNee I sometimes make big pots of different things and rotate them during the week 😘

Thanks @blackkitty2014 jambalaya is one of my husbands fa...

Thanks @blackkitty2014 jambalaya is one of my husbands favorites.

Jambalaya sounds so good! And, yes, I do that a lot to avoid having to cook every single day. Well I guess I should say I like the cooking but I hate the clean up!

Oh yes most definitely @ParrotTulips I dislike cleaning u...

Thanks and yes most definitely @ParrotTulips I dislike cleaning up too. I clean as I cook so I'm not stuck with so much dishes afterwards. My 2 kids are getting bigger now so they do help with dishes after dinner but they can't clean certain stuff good yet.

My first time making homemade pretzels. Definitely not as pretty as all of your food pics, but they tasted good so I’m happy

12A60674-2287-489F-912A-3032C27B115F.jpeg

@ParrotTulips  Yum!! Those look amazing!! I’m sure they taste yummy too!!

@ather  Thank you! We thought they were pretty tasty!

@ParrotTulips ,

When I look at your pretzels, I think Yum!  You would have no trouble finding people to eat these!

Thank you! For me, it’s practically every carb that I love (unfortunately)!

@ParrotTulips   Yum!  Anything made with homemade dough is delicious.  You baked these perfectly- I see some yummy doughy parts!  All my life my favorite part of a soft pretzel is the middle knot, because it's doughy. 🙂

10,864 Replies
testing