cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

What's on your plate?

I made some Thai Tea today, I love this drink! Whenever my mom made this growing up she would take hours, and hours making it. She always made a large amount (those huge, huge asian pots). I never paid too much attention to how it was made. Now I just make it the simple way, in a coffee maker. Then I add half and half with sugar to taste. Don't be fooled by my cup. It looks large but it only holds 12 oz. My mason jar is 32 oz.

Re: What's on your plate?

@NinaNee that looks delicious! I looove Thai Iced Tea. 

Thanks @ZakiyaBT

Thanks @ZakiyaBT

That's amazing that you learned how to make thai tea. I bought some thai tea concentrate from the supermarket and it did not taste very well. lol I cannot have my pad thai without a thai iced tea. <333

@PenelopeBT The only brand that I like that is ready to go is the brand Taste Nirvana Thai Tea. Otherwise homemade is the best because you can make it however you like it.

Thanks for the recommendation! I just googled it and I'm going to try it out. <333

Hi @NinaNee,

That looks amazing!

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT 

Mmmm ... Thai tea. 😋 This looks sooo good @NinaNee! Makes for an excellent refresher on a warm day, or any day really! 

@itsfi Yes I so agree!

Oh @NinaNee I love love Thai ice tea. My son loves it too 😋

@blackkitty2014 only my daughter will drink this with me. The husband and son won't touch it but I'm ok with that lol cause I get more.

@NinaNee  How refreshing!  It's definitely iced tea season.  Maybe I should try that in my Instant Pot.  I love how it make regular iced tea, so maybe that will work for this type also.

@Ispend2much6 yes it was so refreshing! I usually don't like to add ice to it so i just have to wait for it to get cold. I'm not sure how it'll work in a Instant Pot. I don't have an Instant Pot but have been contemplating on buying one. 

@NinaNee   I love mine.   The way I make regular iced tea is I add loose tea and water to the pot then cook it.  I forget the times.  Somehow it comes out strong but not bitter, which is how I like my iced tea.  It's even better with lemonade added. 🙂

@NinaNee @Love thai tea. Looks delicious 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 

My hubs just bought me a Lumen device (it’s fun tech that measures your lung co2 output throughout the day and let’s you know if your burning carbs or fat or both.  Fun toy.  As a result I find myself on a low carb diet this week which means I’m cooking and eating more.  I had a lightheaded last couple of days cause carbs are my love and I was without them but I seem to have evened out today and started fat burning.  

F05FDDCC-7580-4273-8DD4-2BEDAFD2A16E.jpeg

A97533EB-B806-48D6-9F8C-61A44B6622BE.jpeg

8437F9DB-69A0-48ED-88CB-994709A26E36.png

1B609CA8-296C-4D8A-8EF8-AE3B47CD74DE.png

E2127DBF-2F02-40EF-96F0-11B1FD2EA7BD.png

Hi @heartsmyface,

What a cool device. I need to look into that.

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT  I’m  really liking it so far.   It’s really holding me accountable.  Hehe, I’m normally a snack sneaker with diet plans but I can’t sneak carbs in or it’ll KNOW!  😂
Something I don’t like is that the ap only counts workouts in 15 minute increments so if I run for say 40 minutes my report won’t be accurate.  A little something for them to fix. 

@heartsmyface I'd die. But the tomatoes and cheese looks good. 

10,829 Replies
testing