cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Hahaha! 😂 I’m with you on eating it @nhunka! I find taking photos 📸 to be therapeutic. I have a harder time taking pics of food though, because I constantly want to nibble and then poof! No more food to photograph! 😆 

I've been trying to clean out our freezer by using up food that's been there for awhile, and saw some jars of seedless blackberry jam that I made.  I also had some frozen blueberries, so I combined them to make pie (I just added a few tablespoons of tapioca flour to thicken the filling.)  It turned out better than I expected; it was pretty much a normal pie, but maybe a little too sweet (for me anyway.)

20200630_174839.jpg

@Ispend2much6  Yum!!!!! Can pie ever be to sweet?? 🧐

@ather   I guess not if you eat it with vanilla ice cream.  Somehow, milk and fat cut the sugar to make it more tolerable. lol

@Ispend2much6 ,

I think that ice cream is mandatory with pie!

It's "a little" disappointing to have many kinds of pie without ice cream.

@tsavorite   Whipped cream will do in a pinch. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 ,

I totally agree!

@Ispend2much6  I love ice cream with my pie!!

This is making me hungry for pie @Ispend2much6! 🥧 Blackberries and blueberries!! Yum! 😋 

@itsfi  Aww!  It's an "antioxidant pie."  🙂  Good for your health.

@Ispend2much6, in that case, I’ll have another slice, please.😋 Must be healthy. 😆 

@itsfi    He he!!  Yes, you must stay healthy.

Awww, you’re the best @Ispend2much6! I appreciate the encouragement. Bring on the whole pie!! 🥧😋 

It’s for my health, after all. 😆 

Your crust looks like it is so flaky, @Ispend2much6!

eta: just scrolled down and noticed it’s TJ’s, of course:)

@eshoe   Does Trader Joe's ever mess up? lol  Nope.

True, @Ispend2much6 🙌🏼

@Ispend2much6 this looks so yummy

@SportyGirly125   Thank you!  I used Trader Joe's pie crust from their frozen food section; it's really good!  I let it thaw too much so I kind of had to piece the torn parts together, but it still tasted the same as a pretty pie. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 Look so yummy!

@blackkitty2014   Thank you!  I like to pick pieces off of the crust for my serving. lol  Good thing my husband prefers the filling. 🙂

Chocolate chunk Bundt cake and muffins 

F8CF2FF1-BB08-40C8-B44C-70E82CFC36EE.jpeg

412A7BC7-786C-4D6D-BD54-8887A05CDF5A.jpeg

10,864 Replies
testing