Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Homemade chili with grated manchego and guacamole.

IMG_1257.JPG

My own recipe!

Spoiler
2lbs. grass-fed ground beef, browned and drained
2 28oz cans organic diced fire-roasted tomatoes
1 15oz can organic tomato puree
1 small can organic tomato paste
16oz bone broth (or packaged stock)
2 organic bell peppers, chopped
2 organic jalapenos, finely chopped
1 red onion, diced
1 sweet onion, diced
5 organic carrots, coined
5 organic celery stalks, chopped
1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
2 Tbsp gluten free worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp hot sauce
4 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp coarse Himalayan pink salt (to taste)

Directions: Throw it all in a big stock pot and bring to a boil. Drop the heat to medium-low and allow to bubble for at least four hours (less for a thinner consistency, more for thicker). Stir occasionally. Serve with your favorite chili accoutrements (my favorites are guacamole and a sweet potato on the side). Makes 12 servings.

This looks seriously yummy! I love homemade chili!

Thanks for sharing the recipe too! I love the photo!!!

Okay, I'm sorry I didn't take a better picture, but tonight I roasted some cauliflower and parsnips with a little olive oil, lemon zest, red pepper flakes , S&P and rosemary. I then put that on top of a kale salad with some homemade lemon garlic vinaigrette.

IMG_5771.JPG

This looks like something I would make! Photo looks fine with me... I love meals like this.

That looks delicious! Roasted cauliflower is so delicious! I love roasted broccoli too! 

<3, Randee

Today we had Dijon Chicken ( thighs ) with wild forest mushrooms, served over riced cauliflower. Plus, fresh cabbage salad. Very yummy.

Dijon Chicken.jpg

Dijon Chicken 2.jpg

Omg, I love all the ingredients in this dish Smiley Happy

*dives into plate*

For dinner we had baked "fried" chicken over spicy mango sauce, with steamed green beans with roasted pistachio oil drizzled on top. Small fruit salad consisted of cantaloupe and pitted cherries.

chicken-mango-5-13-2015EDIT - Copy.jpg

Spoiler
Chicken "breading" consisted of some ground-up pork rinds mixed with cashew meal and a touch of dried mint.

One day I will come to visit and you can teach me how to cook all these dishes Divwa Smiley Happy

Awwww yushhhhh to dem ground up pork rinds!!!!!

Here's what I made for dinner yesterday: cauliflower & broccoli mac & cheese!

Not super healthy per se, but it's easy to use lower fat cheese, skim milk, and it has veggies inside.

I served with a side of honey & soy glazed salmon which DH loves and requests it frequently. It's an odd side for sure but I like to make this mac & cheese because it's quick and easy, and perfect for our post-workout meals.

image1.JPG image2.JPG

I am also a huge Le Creuset addict. I love these pieces of cookware. Since I got the larger 5 L dutch oven for Christmas from DH, and the 3.3 L one recently from a sale, I hardly reach for any other pots. Also, these baking pans/casserole dishes are the best. The nonstick pan is still my trusty piece of cookware for things like fried eggs and pancakes, though!

image3.JPG

omgosh im drooling! looks so good Smiley Very Happy 

Haha! Funny that you made mac'n cheese! Last night I did that but added tuna and peas! 

Honey and soy glazed salmon is delicious! I make a honey miso salmon that's similar too.

Today's dinner... Chicken drumsticks sauteed  braised? ( no idea what's the word for this particular method ) with onion, garlic and smoked bacon. With my old nemesis - broccoli! I've found out this to be the most acceptable way of eating it for me. I fried/sauteed it on some butter, with some garlic, salt and pepper... and, it's almost yummy. ( Friggin delish when you're starving! Smiley Very Happy )

Oopsy! The chicken skin is already gone. It had some urgent business in my stomach, so it couldn't wait for the photo shoot.... Sorry 'bout that. Smiley Wink

Chicken with broccoli.jpg

This looks yummy. Even without the skin.

You're too funny with veggies. When I first started eating broccoli (as a grown teenager) I had to have it with melted cheese on it. I haven't eaten it that way in years. You know your trick for eating broccoli would totally work for kale, right? Smiley Wink

Skin is the best part of the chicken!

Kale... Yeahhhh... But, I think I'd rather have it raw ( maybe I should try this massage with olive oil of yours ) , if I really have to have it for some unimaginable reason. When it comes to green leafy veggies, I definitely prefer them raw. There's a chance I'm gonna eat them if they're raw. If you cook them... No chance! No thanks! Smiley Very Happy

I don't mind bitter. I absolutely LOVE dandelion greens, for example! And, I love them when they're bitter. It's just the taste of kale itself that I can't stand....

Today I had salad for lunch. (Is this a surprise?) Normally I'd have leftover beef brisket for my protein, but we're having that for dinner. So instead I used a can of the pink wild salmon (the one that comes in a multi-pack from Costco). Other ingredients (organic unless noted): slivered kale greens, chopped cilantro (put both of these in bowl first and then massage with some good EVOO to break down the greens), chopped cucumber, sliced yellow carrot, sliced red onion, sliced mushrooms (briefly steamed in some veggie broth), and Sweet Sapphire black grapes. OMG, these grapes are like pinky-sized oblong things.... yum!

salmon-salad-6-19-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

Those grapes are giant Diwva. I will make this for sure. Look so yummy!

I'm sitting in a hotel working.  So I came to look at Diva's yum food to keep me company.

I finally go home in two days, after 10 days!  First thing I will do is buy some BBQ. 

3,026 Replies