cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Saradestin  We picked them up at a Filipino bakery that is located next to a Greek restaurant (which we also visited that day.)  The butter mamon was so good- it was the most buttery, light sponge cake I've ever had.

@Ispend2much6 @These look delicious. 

@SportyGirly125. Thanks they were! Ineed to try to copy that mango roll.

@Ispend2much6 Happy Mother's Day! The desserts look delicious!

@Mellmars1185. Thank you! Is it Mother's Day in CA also?

@Ispend2much6 Yes it is💞🌷

@Mellmars1185. Then I hope yours was wonderful as well..

@Ispend2much6 Thank you so much!

Matzo buttercrunch.  Some pieces showing the chocolate and sea salt topping, some showing the caramelized bottom, my favorite part.

matzo crunch.jpgI had to chop the chocolate by hand as I didn't want my older chocolate bars to go to waste.  There has to be a better way. lolI had to chop the chocolate by hand as I didn't want my older chocolate bars to go to waste. There has to be a better way. lol

Now I have no words @Ispend2much6 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

@Saradestin   Well, neither did I because my mouth was full. 😂  It made a great travel snack.

Ok so my MIL shared this treat last weekend and the matzo could have been seriously improved by your tips, @Ispend2much6 . Next time, I will be prepared 😉

@eshoe. Using salted butter may be enough salt. And using good chocolate makes a huge difference. Next time I'm going to make some without the chocolate.

We took a quick trip this weekend and 8 hours of driving took care of the whole thing!

@Ispend2much6 Looks so yummy!  I'm too lazy to chop chocolate anymore; I stick it in a heavy-duty Ziploc bag and take a hammer to it, lol.

@CookieGirl1my meat cleaver is an almond cleaver in all reality. It faces parchment paper on a daily basis and is probably pretty relieved.

@eshoe  You must have good aim and a steady hand!

So far so good, @Ispend2much6 - I don’t want to ruin that streak, though!

@CookieGirl1. I wish I'd asked your advice before I made these-that's a great idea!

@Ispend2much6 Lol, obviously it's not the pretty way to do it but it's effective 😂.

As I always said @Ispend2much6 good thing we’re not neighbors. Otherwise I would gain 500 lbs within a week. 😂🤣 sound heavenly 👍🥰😋

@blackkitty2014. Then you could take a turn cooking for us and we would lose the weight.😍 

10,829 Replies
testing