cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Thank you for letting us know @tsavorite ! I just keep them in the refrigerator once they are ripe enough and I have never had any issues with them getting bad that way, so I never used the water trick

@tsavorite, thank you for letting us know; I have only caught glimpses of news lately and missed that one. I store avocado the same as you - refrigerating after just ripening, if I catch them in time, that is. 😆  Mmmm, avocado! Yum!

It’s fridge scavenge day here.  Trying to use food items up before I feel the shame of wasting them. My breakfast is cashew tzatziki mashed potatoes, roasted rainbow carrots and Brussel sprouts with an egg for protein.  

BF4452D2-F6E8-46EA-8CBC-C3D25669C82B.jpeg

@heartsmyface I wanna come scavenge your fridge...

@CookieGirl1  Ha please do!!  We have this inability to buy amounts of food we can actually use up.  I think it’s a byproduct of Covid.  The grocery store became a kinda outing and habit when we’re bored.   🤗

@heartsmyface Looks so delicious 😋

Nom, nom, nom. "Cashew tzatziki mashed potatoes" @heartsmyface? That sounds delicious! Your roasted rainbow carrots look great - are they from your garden?

@itsfi  Yeah!  I bought a tzatziki made with cashews rather than yogurt just cause it sounded interesting.  It had a hummus-like texture with tzatziki flavour. Not so pleasant as a tzatziki but as potato flavouring it was perfect!  
The carrots were residuals from our foodie friend visiting.  I don’t know where he bought them but I will be hunting them down cause they were wonderful-especially the white ones!  

@heartsmyface ,

This looks so delicious for any meal!

@heartsmyface this looks and sounds delicious...I am always so surprised that in other countries is so common to eat salty foods for breakfast. We usually eat yogurt, fruit, brioches 🥐🍌🍓 But now I'm watering at yours 🤤😂

@Skunk12puzzola    Ohh, inknlw it’s standard to eat a bowl of cereal or eggs and bacon here.  I like starting the day with a savoury dish.  If I start the day off with something sweet that’s all I’ll want all day.  

Exquisite @heartsmyface! It looks so colorful and it has to be delicious! 😋😋

@Saradestin   It was very good.  Simple to prep and tasty!  

Today another salad. This time potatoes, mushrooms, tuna, beans, peas and eggs with some capers. 😋😋

439E6214-5E37-4B7E-B866-34E49004B756.jpegF9C7F685-91DE-49DF-AE90-6A8FE33259E5.jpeg

@Saradestin, yum! This looks so tasty. I'm always looking for different ways to use tuna and I'm adding this to my list.

It was delicious @itsfi!! And you can add anything you like to the mix! The options are never ending 

@Saradestin Looks Delicious! I recently made a tuna salad with chick peas and veggies. I used greek yogurt, lemon, a bit of mayo and salt and pepper for the dressing. Did you use a dressing in this dish?

It had to be delicious @Mellmars1185! I just used mayonnaise and a little olive oil, that’s it, it couldn’t be more simple!

@Saradestin Sounds delicious. Thank you!

@Saradestin  Oh gosh I LOVE capers but somehow forgot they existed!  Ha, I foresee them on everything for the next little while! 😆

😂😂 That happened to me as well @heartsmyface ! I didn’t use them for years until I remembered that they exist; they are so good! 🤤🤤

10,864 Replies
testing