Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

One time for months all I craved were nachos every day!  Lol!  Brings back memories.  This looks good.

Another fruit-influenced dish. I sauteed uncured bratwurst with some chopped kale and whole blueberries, adding some cranberry juice, grape jam and gochujang hot pepper paste at the end. The blueberries melted into this rich, slightly sweet and syrupy sauce and stained the bratwurst a wonderful purple. I served some steamed amaranth grain on the side.

Purple sausage!   How funny!

Hello! Tonight I had bratwurst with caramelized onion, sauteed kale greens and a millet pilaf. The bratwurst was served on a sauce consisting of Pike Stout mustard, grape jam, gochujang sauce, white wine, plum & root beer bitters and tahini.

I love the presentation! I think I'm going to make this (I've been itching to try millet pilaf ever since I saw you post it here a while back) when Thanksgiving is over. It will probably work really well with my Field Roast veggie Franks.

This year, it will be my first Thanksgiving as a vegan! I'm trying to decide which veggie roast to have. Which would you rather choose:

I already bought the gardein (#3) and Tofurky (#4) brand ones, but that en croute one (#1)  looks so good!

Today we had broiled grass-fed lamb chops with steamed green beans and a fruit salad. The salad had curly endive, cranberries, mandarin orange slices, red onion slices and a dressing of walnut oil, huckleberry vinegar and bourbon-aged maple syrup.

I've always just pan-seared my lamb loin chops, never considered to broil them!

I had duck leg tonight, slow cooked with pineapple and sweet potato.

Hello. Here's country rib with honeyed millet and blood orange segments.

Blood orange!!!!!! ^_^

Shepherd's pie with mashed cauli... Or, what's left of it. Smiley Very Happy  ( I actually make mashed cauli for this dish the way I make cauli "crust" for my chicken pot pie because I don't like plain mashed cauli. I hate the taste of cauli just cooked in water, or steamed. Soooo, I go creative with it. Smiley Tongue And, it ends up really delish!!! Yum! )

Tee hee, the "mash" was real "thick" on this side! Ain't it a beauty?! Smiley Tongue

Mmmmm, I've totally been into mashed cauliflower as of late, this looks delish and I'll have to take note and use it atop shepherd's pie next time!

omg I use to love this thread, posting to bump for reference! will post pics in the future hehe

Awesome, Sonny4President! Food pics are always welcome! If you end up cooking up something nice, feel free to also share the recipe too!

Tonight I made cube steak with caper sauce and some sauteed arugula and celery-root greens. The star of the meal was the carmelized celery root with juniper and honey.

Caper sauce?! Caramelized celery root?! Oooooo, tell me more, @DiVWA !

Here's a vegetarian vegetable burger. It fell apart, as I had a feeling it would. It tasted okay. Husband liked it more than I did. Guacomole and tomato slices on the side.

If you went to a fancy restaurant they would have called your burger that fell apart "deconstructed" and could mark it up more Smiley Tongue

Slow-cooked salmon fillet with a sauce of orange segments, whole grain Dijon mustard, sugar-free grape jam and cake flavored vodka. Side of brussels sprouts roasted in EVOO, maple syrup and ground juniper berries.

This looks delicious @DiVWA totally up my alley!!! YUMM

First time making socca, which is an unleavened flatbread made from chickpea flour (no eggs or other flours used).

Did you miss 'real' flatbread????  lol!!

What is on top? Looks good, tho. 

3,026 Replies