Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Interesting topic considering I'm on a health kick right now and this isn't the best but all I've had today is a Glucerna Hunger Smart Chocolate shake. It's safe for diabetics, helps curb your hunger without giving high or low blood sugars and it actually tastes really great.

The brand makes their own regular shakes for anyone but they are loaded with double the cabohydrates and sugar which make a HUGE difference in stabilizing your sugars as well as weight loss.

On that note, I better go eat something for lunch! Smiley Wink 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Oooo, that's good to know the difference between those two shakes! I'm sure that'll be very helpful to anyone who browses through interested in that type of product.

Smiley Happy

Find something tasty!

I eat a lot of the same things because it keeps me on track- usually breakfast is a protein shake after my workout followed by an egg white omelette. Lunch is lean protein- usually grilled chicken or salmon with a large serving of vegetables or salad, and dinner is usually a stir fry or a duplicate of what I had for lunch. Snacks are fruit, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. And a TON of water!!

I'll have to post up my recipe for miso honey glazed chicken/salmon! The marinade can really be used for either or!

Well if you must know... lol.... between study sessions I had 2 slices of pizza topped with mushrooms, pepperoni and pineapple and paired it with a Matcha Green Tea Latte from Starbucks.

Surprisingly enough the green tea latte is delicious and I get it without any added syrup.

I remembered when that latte first came out, holy cow it was so sweet! I never got it without the syrup, and haven't gotten it since actually, maybe that throws the taste off and makes it less like a sugar bomb.

Mmmmm, pineapple on pizza!

Today I had apples with "The Bee's Knees" peanut butter! It keeps me full and energized at work! 

I also love making oatmeal banana shakes! They are quick, filling, and delicous!

Aw, the photo didn't post up! Smiley Sad Is it set on private?

That oatmeal and banana shake sounds delicious, I'm sure it would also make a great work out/power breakfast shake too!

Have to admit I'm being bad because I'm in a hurry today, canned peaches, pizza rolls, and some toast with peanut butter for lunch.  When I was traveling the other day I had raspberries, bananas, pistachios, and jerky, with salmon, brown rice and asparagus for lunch and chicken gyoza for dinner.  I really need to start eating more like when I travel XD

Yum!!! Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts!

3,026 Replies