Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Oh heck yes!!!! You have ME drooling now!

well this sucks.

Have you been eating at my house?!?!?  ;-)

I'm not sure if it's a chain-wide thing or just something that my local store does, but once again I went into Whole Foods thinking I'd buy one thing and left with an idea for a delicious, new dinner.

Chicken Italian Sausage and some roasted squash.

Yummmm!

Onion soup baked in little crocks topped with smoked greyere.

Oooo, nice!

Is the soup homemade? I'd love the recipe....heck or even a photo, that sounds yummy!

The start and the finish. My honey is working and sleeping odd hours this week so I am spacing holiday goodies and special recipes into the time he has. Here is appetizer and dessert from today:

Shrimp cocktails with a chunky sauce made of fire roasted tomato, crispy raw baby cucumber & red bell pepper with some smokey chiles diced in,

Mincemeat Parfaits with maple rum whipped cream,

Chardonnay 

Yum yum yum! What a cute collage too! ^_^ Your honey is very lucky!

Dinner tonight  home made red beans & rice, salad, rolls, & I don't know what for dessert. It might turn out to be apple & peanut butter for an evening snack. we will see.

The million dollar question....

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter????? Or, wild card....HONEY peanut butter????

Dinner tonight - NY Strip, Baby Bella Mushrooms & Salad w/Blue Cheese Dressing.  Mmmmmmm.

Looooooooove meat and mushrooms together...*drooooool*

I already started dinner.  It's Thursday which means pasta night and the whole family will be over.  I'm slow braising country pork ribs for the sauce in the crockpot so I can skim it and add the rest of the ingredients this afternoon and make the garlic bread before they start piling in the door.

That's so wonderful you have a family pasta night!

What all goes into your pork ribs? I would ask you to snap a pic to share with all of us hungry mouths here, but with everyone piling at the door I'm sure the food will be gone before you can even grab a camera! Smiley Very Happy

Well, today ...I know...I didnt eat..I did have 3 Mt.Dews

Holy cow? Cans or bottles? My bf is a fan of Mt. Dew, I steal a sip now and then.

Right now I'm having.......lemon apple ginger juice! It's really good if you love tart flavors, mine could use a bit more ginger but I just got my Nutribullet and I'm still playing around with it.

Oooooooo, that sounds real nice!

Tuna salad, cottage cheese, romaine, green goddess.

Late night lazy hungries struck.

The tuna salad was made yesterday. 

Are those sesame seeds, Mimibel?

I wish I took a picture before I completely devoured it, but this is what I made for dinner tonight:

-Spicy smothered pork chops in sage gravy

-Egg noodles with browned butter

-Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Tart Apple salad with toasted walnuts, pecorino and honey-mustard dressing

Totally hit the spot today. Yesterday, for lunch, I whipped up:

-Scrambled egg with ham and muenster cheese

-Pan-fried peppers, garlic, and onions with fajita spices

-Toast with apple butter

-A little bit of almond milk to drink

I feel like I'm eating like a bear. But, I mean, I guess I should be! I work out a lot and I'm supposed to eat a little bit more than usual. I'm just thankful I have a growing appetite these days. Food is awesome.

You had me at "smothered"...*drool*

I love egg noodles! If you're eating like a bear, you must be one happy bear! Smiley Very Happy

Went to the farmers market this morning, and got a little over excited....

My first attempt to make a dent in this pile was lunch today! Sauteed patty pan squash w/ tomatos and basil. Tasted like summer Smiley Happy

I'm lovin' all the color!!!! Kudos to kick-butt finds at the farmer's market!

3,026 Replies