cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mellmars1185 and I were in the mood for carbs as Sephoria was winding down. 

Sephoria Day 2 noodles.jpg

Chili Crab Coconut Fried Rice (Blue Swimming Crab, Chili, Egg, Coconut Rice) and Garlic Noodles (Lemongrass Pork Sausage, Egg Noodles, Salted Egg, Garlic, Butter) from Essex Pearl in the Essex Market NYC. 

@itsfi ,

Yes, please, to this meal!  For me, mixing the items together to temper the spicy flavor would be essential! 

I don't do spicy well, but everything here sounds terrific!  I'm glad for you that you two found this restaurant so close to Sephoria!

@tsavorite, it hit the spot for sure. I think we were just so caught up in trying to get everything in on Day 2 that we were constantly on the go. It was nice to just sit for a spell and enjoy a meal with @Mellmars1185. 😃 

I love spicy ♥️ but have to be mindful of how often I have it and how much. Too much too often can cause my rosacea to flare up, more so as I’ve gotten older. 

@itsfi What?! That looks amazing! Why didn't you take us there...that looks way better than salted plum "soda". HAHA. Was that in the place Sephoria was at? I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go to NYC.

@Samtian, we found it the last day of Sephoria. It’s in the same building where Sephoria took place. You pass it on your way out after picking up the swag bag; the entrance is right before the stairs. The bar is right next to the entrance to the restaurant so it might not seem like a restaurant from that view. 

Hahaha! I’ve pondered sending you the salted plum on which that drink is based, or what I think it is based. Or the candy version of it. That is definitely an acquired taste, like the drink. 

@itsfi Hmm I hope it is there next time I go to NYC because I'm going to get me some of that!

Acquired taste...that was a whole other level of salty. Like even just eating salt raw wasn't as salty as that was. A candy version?

Oookay yummy!! @itsfi @Mellmars1185  This looks delish! 

I can see why this might have been a stand out meal from your Sephoria Adventures. 🤩

@CynthieLu, it was so flavorful, and they gave us a lot of food, too. Super happy @Mellmars1185 likes to share food. Every food stall and restaurant in that marketplace looked good! 😋 

@CynthieLu Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and flavours.

@itsfi @Mellmars1185 @@Looks so yummy 

@SportyGirly125, both dishes were good, even more delicious when mixed together. Great idea to combine them @Mellmars1185

@itsfi Thank you! And also thank you for sharing. I love sharing. When I first met my SO, he said he doesn't share if I want something I can order it. Lol. Now he understands and he shares.

@Mellmars1185, I love that your SO shares now. 👍🏼 😃 I love sharing too. I’d be fine if someone prefers not to, but, for the most part, it’s what I would like to do. 

@SportyGirly125 Thank you! It was a lovely find. All of the menu items looked delicious. The crab rice had a lovely spicy kick to it.

@itsfi that looks very yummy

@CorgiMommy, I don't know if it was because @Mellmars1185 and I were tired and hungry (it was our first Sephoria and there was a lot to take in) but this meal hit the spot and was one of the yummiest meals of the trip. 

@itsfi Mmm. Thanks for the tag and capturing a shot of this meal! I would have to say that this was hands down my favourite meal of the trip. I also love eating with chop sticks. Although, this was my first time each rice with chopsticks (besides sushi). I think mixing the noodles in made it a bit easier for me. I keep raving about his meal to my SO. I just showed him the pic and he said it looks delicious. The Essex market was a pleasant surprise for me. At the end of a long day it was so nice to sit down, chat and share dishes 💞

@Mellmars1185 100% agree! Mixing the noodles and the rice together was the best - the kick of the chili in that rice was definitely noticeable. I think it helped to have the heartiness of the noodle dish to balance it. I'm so glad we were able to sit down to share this deliciousness and chat about Sephoria, life and the BIC! 🤗 You and your SO will have to go back here to have the dish and to check out some of the other eateries in the marketplace - they looked like they had some good spots!

Foxy Loxy and Haas-If from Coffee Dose. A place recommended by one of the girls in my Pilates teacher training class. 

IMG_4381.jpeg

IMG_4385.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 Oh that first one looks divine!

@Samtian @You can’t really see your fav on the other one though. Haha. 

10,829 Replies
testing