cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@QueenMarceline @It’s so yummy 

Oooh is that Guacamole? @SportyGirly125 🥑 yummy!

@CynthieLu @It’s their avocado salsa. 

Ooh that's even better @SportyGirly125 that's a good treat! 🥑💚

@SportyGirly125   Oh very healthy!

Dinner out with some lovely ladies.  This is from a local Sushi Shop I haven't been to in a good long while.

We ordered some appetizers,

PXL_20231105_215500015.jpg

PXL_20231105_215214633.jpg

Above: Octopus stuffed dough, none of us had tried them before. So tasty!

We ordered 5 Maki Rolls to share, this Restaurant does them so well 👌

PXL_20231105_220159467.jpg

@CynthieLu This looks absolutely delicious! Sushi with friends is something I need in my life. Where I live, there are not enough good sit down sushi restaurants. I have to travel to a different city (which is ok, but I don't do it enough). I hope you had a blast with your friends. 

My boys love sushi.  They want to try their hand at making their own at Christmas.  Do you have any suggestions @CynthieLu ?  I think I tried it once, but never cared to again.

This was from a restaurant, they really are great here 🤩

@Ispend2much6 

Ooh I remember making this with my family when I was still livving at home. We had a special Sushi Mat and we covered it in seran wrap. You would lay out your Seaweed and then put your fillings in. Crab, Avacado, Sushi Rice etc. and Roll it all together. It was fun to try. (But not as yummy as the restaurant) I would suggest watching how too videos on YouTube. They can be pretty helpful. I think watching someone do it by and explain how is a good way to learn.

@CynthieLu MMMM looks so delicious! I haven't had sushi in a minute, I might need to make it a point to go to a good place sometime soon. 🙂

@CynthieLu That takoyaki look sooo gooooood! And that giant platter of rolls is impressive! I have a sushi craving now after seeing this. 😋

I had never tried Takoyaki before, it was sooo good! @JoSometimes They lightly drizzled two sauces over top, and had this thin paper like garnish that had a really lovely smokey flavor. It was very delish! I would order it again, sooo yummy! Sorry too give you a sushi craving 😜 

@CynthieLu If you enjoyed Takoyaki, you’ll probably enjoy Okonomiyaki. Sometimes it’s called Japanese pizza. I haven’t seen it on too many menus but it’s super easy to make at home.

That sounds yummy 😋 @JoSometimes An old cartoon I liked had a Okonomiyaki Chef character, Ive actually wanted you try this. 😊 (it's good to know it might be something I'd like.) I've never seen it on a menu, but if I do I'm ordering it! 🍽

@CynthieLu that looks yummy

It was such a tasty treat @CorgiMommy and we all tried out some new flavours. Its fun but a little risky trying new things when you are out too eat, lol. 😜 

@CynthieLu   Oh wow that’s a lot of food 🍱.   Looks delicious!

Thank you @Cissy63 it was a lot but we worked together to finish it. 😄 Do you like Sushi? 

Hello my foodie friends- Has anyone ever ordered pecans online before?  I need some for Thanksgiving, and the grocery ones here are just...stale.  I've ordered from nuts.com before, but again, not that fresh.  Thanks!

I finally got to eat at a sit down restaurant. Well ok, 2 of them. At Black Bear I had a biscuit club thing, minus the yuckycado of course. 

394581463_610572071079416_1890927702655579544_n.jpg

And at Ihop I had the Lemon Ricotta Fresh Berry Crepes. I only ordered two but they accidently gave me 4. It was also very yummy. 

396570153_359288589814825_5726998134231907656_n.jpg

@Samtian ,

Your meals look look delicious!

10,829 Replies
testing