cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

LOL I agree @CynthieLu I try to limit my visits or else my next grocery listing will be very long 😅 but yes! It was worth but definitely every other month thing OR cook in the winter type of meal HAHA

Wow @jaaayp! It looks delicious; making me want katsu. 😋 Did you go with chicken or pork? You did a great job of pounding the meat thin but not too thin. 👍🏼 

Pork @itsfi ! Yes.. the pounding without a mallet was not the business 🤣 I actually also dont mind thinner katsu because I love the breading itself... yes.... very unhealthy of me...

@jaaayp, what did you use in place of a mallet? 😳 

It’s all about moderation, right?! A little of this, a little of that. Your plate strikes a good balance. I see a cabbage slaw with that katsu. 😉 

@itsfi I used a pastry/cookie roller 😂 I swear I have/had a mallet somewhere but I couldn't bother to find it after like 2 mins of searching. Did i look like a crazy person? Yes.

And yes! I try to add some veg to my heavily fried foods (with more fat dressing LOL)

YUM! @JoSometimes Is that a coleslaw? What kind of sauce did you make to go with the dish?

@Mellmars1185 I bought the sauce store bought. Asian markets carry really good sauces (I'm just too lazy to make my own) and if you're interested, I would recommend the Japanese brand with bulldog on it 🤣

@JoSometimes 🤭

@jaaayp Katsu at home!? Yum! Did you make the demi-glacé too?

Nooo @JoSometimes . I'm a lazy cook. Minimum for the most flavor 🤣 although if you have an easy recipe... share! willing to give it a shot!

@jaaayp Sadly, no. I know legit demi-glacé takes HOURS of reducing down stock. No time for that. 🙃

LOL @JoSometimes TRU DAT. There's like a Korean style sauce that the katsu gets drenched in but I also haven't tried that either.. I shall try it next time. I grew up eating it as a kid but totally forgot it about until you mentioned it! 

This looks so good @jaaayp 😊 

Thank you @blackkitty2014 🥰 it's was delicious!!

@jaaayp @Looks so yummy. I love Japanese curry with chicken katsu and the salad. 

Oooh, yes @SportyGirly125 same! What brand do you use? I've tried most Japanese curry from the stores but I noticed that it doesn't taste the same as at a restaurant and the color is not as dark?!

@jaaayp I buy my chicken katsu curry from restaurants near me. I have never tried to make it. 

@jaaayp  Definitely worth it!  My son would love this.

It's an easy recipe @Ispend2much6 ! If I can do it, he can do it! 🤣

Another “You’ll be on your own son and I don’t want you to starve” cooking lesson. Lasagna.

0E514D8A-EF28-43C3-97D7-9F3680CE5271.jpeg

10,864 Replies
testing