cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@heartsmyface Oh I would have cried lol. I do hope you are ok! Looks and sounds good minus the 🥑

@Samtian  I wouldn’t know 😭😭😭😭. Aw, have you tried sweetening avacado with grapefruit jelly?  It changes it entirely.  ;);)

@heartsmyface I’m genuinely intrigued by the idea of grapefruit jelly and avocado. It reminds me of prosciutto and melon or dates and cream cheese. I didn’t think the combos would work but they’re actually delicious. Where to find grapefruit jelly, that’s the question…

@Samtian’s disdain for avocado is well documented here. There’s no amount of convincing that any of us can do.

@JoSometimes This is true.   Do you have a Wal-Mart near you? I know ours sells it. Maybe a farmer's market? Always Etsy too lol.

@heartsmyface 🤢 I'm going to pretend I didn't read that lol.

@heartsmyface  oh no, your poor breakfast (and poor you, I hope you are okay!) 😥 at least your dinner looks delicious!

Oh no! @heartsmyface sorry about your breakfast 😕 glad you didn't hurt yourself! dinner looks delicious, though!

@makeitup305  Oh I did!   I got glass in my palm and bruised the other forearm.  I don’t know how I landed the way I did.  I don’t remember hitting my forearm and didn’t know it was hurt until a couple hours later.  We’ll see how it develops tomorrow. 😒

Dinner was so satisfying though!!  

That sounds painful! @heartsmyface I hope you're not too banged up tomorrow. 

@heartsmyface oh, OUCH!  I hope you're not too sore after all of that.  But I'm glad that you finally got your eggs!

@CookieGirl1 @CynthieLu  i was banged up:(. I still have

a throbbing elbow to heal up.  It’s taped up so it doesn’t feel so terrible but no arm workouts for me for the next little while. 

20231123_191014-01.jpeg

Yesterday's Thanksgiving feast: roasted carrots, scalloped potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, butterhorn roll, vegetarian roast with gravy, and cashew nut roast with herb stuffing.

20231123_204343-01.jpeg

And of course, dessert: apple and pumpkin pie a la mode. I think I will need to eat like a bird for the next while to make up for all the calories I consumed 😅 but it was delicious!

I hope everyone had a happy and restful holiday (or a nice and non-stressful regular day for all the non-USA folks)! 💜

@caitbird ,

Your Thanksgiving Dinner looks so delicious!  My compliments to the chef!

@tsavorite  thank you! My mom is definitely an amazing chef!

Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃 @caitbird 

Wowza!  Everything on your plates looks entirely scrumptious. So many different flavours. 🤩 Thank you for sharing this!

I'm soo hungry now for a full turkey dinner 😉

@CynthieLu  thank you! It was a wonderful special meal, I just had to share!

@caitbird Looks and sounds delicous!

@Samtian  thank you, it definitely was!

@caitbird  This looks soooooo good!!  And the portions look tolerable too!   I love thanksgiving but being overstuffed is the worst!!! You’re making me want brussel sprouts!!  😜

@heartsmyface  thank you, it was really good! It was definitely a lot of calories but I didn't feel like I overindulged too much, I was just comfortably full but not ready to explode lol!

@caitbird Everything on that plate looks soooo delicious! Happy belated Thanksgiving ❤️

10,829 Replies
testing