cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

❤️ I hope they inspired you! I really love pretty salads with all kinds of mixed greens and crispy veggies so I just look at what's fresh in the store (Walmart, mostly though I shop some veggies and fruits at an Asian Grocery) and some good ideas pop up on the net like the black truffle oil and adding nuts came from (I think) Martha Stewart. Deff using Herbes de Provence did. And I'm an avocado freak. 😉 only rule for my eating is they have to stay pretty low carb. 

Homemade wonton noodles soup (I haven't added the broth yet in this picture). It took 4+ hours to do everything but it was sooo worth it.

I've been trying to cook in instead of eating out and I gotta say, it's not as bad as I thought it would be

7.jpg

Errmahhhgerrdd!!! *snatches and runs away*

Looks so delish! 

Other stuff I've made this week

1) Spicy crab and tofu soup/stew (it's a Vietnamese dish that you eat with vermicelli)

2) Taco casserole

3) Taco salad 

4) Vermicelli with grilled pork, shrimp, and eggrolls

5) Vietnamese savory crepes (or pancakes, depending on who you ask)

8.jpg

9.jpg

#1...can you share the taco casserole recipe????

And #2....what all is in the crepe??? I've had some Korean seafood versions but I want to compare because they look a touch similar!

just had a huge bowl of homemade lentil soup (with tons of carrots, spinach and tomato) and a talt (tempeh 'bacon', avocado, lettuce, tomato) sandwich on freshly made grain bread.  am stuffed.  will be munching on a beautiful bartlett pear for dessert. sipping on some pan-fired green tea with a couple jasmine pearls right now.

going vegan was, for me, a necessity for my overall health.  but i've noticed benefits to my skin as well.

any other vegan bt-ers?

New Year Dinner - Pork Roast & Halušky.

image.jpg

dinner was multi-grain mushroom porridge with kimchi, seaoned green onion, sautéed spinach and sweet pickled radish, and a greens smoothie (apple, mango, pineapple, coconut, ginger, lime, cucumber and lots of spinach) for dessert! new year's goals implemented a bit early.  stuffed.

love pickles... great probiotic!  and smoothies are a fabu way to get in lots of fruit and veg.

Why is it sometimes its the little things that taste so amazing.  Today for lunch I made a roast beef & Swiss with lettuce and tomato on fresh asiago cheese bread. With my sandwich I had chopped pineapple, sliced mango and mandarin orange segments. I was soooo very happy.  It kind of reminded me of my favorite lunch spot in Houston - Brown Bag Deli - mmmmmm.

Anonymous Insider

Dinner tonight  home made red beans & rice, salad, rolls, & I don't know what for dessert. It might turn out to be apple & peanut butter for an evening snack. we will see.

The million dollar question....

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter????? Or, wild card....HONEY peanut butter????

Anonymous Insider

I'm kinda lucky as far as food goes right now.... I eat just about anything. Five months pregnant and underweight to begin with...so my husband n doc tell me to eat anything n everything! But for some crazy reason all I crave is water, broccoli n cheese! But today... I had a croissant with an egg. The bad part is I love to cook so I'm always cooking something ...healthy of course!... But then I have no appetite! Tonight...spaghetti and stuffed breadsticks sounds good though!

Yum yum yum!!!!

Yay for craving water (whether it's a pregnancy craving or a regular craving), I'm always drinking it, and when I don't get enough, I definitely notice!

Mmmm, broc and cheese! I love making velveeta and adding in giant chunks of broc!

Congrats on the baby, by the way! Boy or girl?

Anonymous Insider

Same here with the water! I always have a huge glass of it with me! And thanks for the congrats! We're waiting til baby gets here before we find out though!!!!

Ooooooo, a surprise!!!!

That's so wonderful! I hope you and your husband have a beautiful and healthy baby! From the sounds of the food, the baby is getting all kinds of spoiled already!

The holidays are coming....so folks, I am preparing for a slew of yummy food photos of what each of you are dining upon! 😄

I'm roasting my mom a chicken tonight for her b-day.  It is smelling yummy!

Yum, my husband and I roasted one this weekend, and then made chicken soup! Bone broth is so good for you and I feel like I'm not wasting anything when we make it!

This weekend-- brisket, which we've never done before. Yum!

Mmmmmmm....brisket is one of my favs!  I may need to break one of those out soon.  

Errrmahhhgawdddd, brisket!!! I'm from and in the South so GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!

I'm making chicken skillet casserole tonight, got some friends coming over for a little gift exchange.

Earlier this week my bf made orange ginger salmon!

3 Replies
testing