Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

today for breakfast I had a bowl of 2% reduced fat milk, for lunch I had a half onion and cheese/ham bagel with a side salad and a slice of cherry cake and later on in the day I had ten of my favorite wheat crackers! Smiley Very Happy

image.jpgLazy chopped salad, look at that seedy cuke! But still yummy. 10 raspberries every day because they look so pretty in the big trays lately. 

I was in a hurry coming in from the VIB sale today and late for lunch. Another chopped salad, this time power greens and romaine, topped with some quickly defrosted large shrimp tossed in Yumyum sauce spiked with chipotle Tabasco and dusted with smoked Spanish paprika. Yumyum indeed! 

image.jpg

Sweet Spanish Paprika and Ancho Chili blend sprinkled over. Sauce is Country Dijon+half and half seasoned with onion and garlic powder. One of my endless variations of baked 'Fish in a Dish'. 

image.jpg

SubwaySmiley Happy

I never have time to eat in the morning before my classes because I appreciate sleep more than a good breakfast.  Instead I rely on Luna bars. it's surprisingly great at keeping me full for at least 3-4 hours because it's low glycemic? Idk I just stole that word from the wrapper hehe^^ my favorite is lemon zest. so that's what's on my plate y'all haha

Freshly baked pumpkin croissants, a giant fluffy pillow of crispy layers, curtesy  of Trader Joes frozen food section. Best start to a morning. Yum!

Why is it sometimes its the little things that taste so amazing.  Today for lunch I made a roast beef & Swiss with lettuce and tomato on fresh asiago cheese bread. With my sandwich I had chopped pineapple, sliced mango and mandarin orange segments. I was soooo very happy.  It kind of reminded me of my favorite lunch spot in Houston - Brown Bag Deli - mmmmmm.

dinner was multi-grain mushroom porridge with kimchi, seaoned green onion, sautéed spinach and sweet pickled radish, and a greens smoothie (apple, mango, pineapple, coconut, ginger, lime, cucumber and lots of spinach) for dessert! new year's goals implemented a bit early.  stuffed.

love pickles... great probiotic!  and smoothies are a fabu way to get in lots of fruit and veg.

New Year Dinner - Pork Roast & Halušky.

image.jpg

just had a huge bowl of homemade lentil soup (with tons of carrots, spinach and tomato) and a talt (tempeh 'bacon', avocado, lettuce, tomato) sandwich on freshly made grain bread.  am stuffed.  will be munching on a beautiful bartlett pear for dessert. sipping on some pan-fired green tea with a couple jasmine pearls right now.

going vegan was, for me, a necessity for my overall health.  but i've noticed benefits to my skin as well.

any other vegan bt-ers?

Since it was a little cold today, I decided it was the perfect day for chili.  Of course I had to send a pic to my bestie (my chili is her favorite) who was not too happy with me. I had to promise a batch the next time I visit. 

image.jpg

image.jpgSalad for me, another packed in a bento for my sweetie's work lunch. 

Spring greens, romaine, cuke, onion tossed with Dukan vinaigrette recipe made with black truffle oil and fig balsamic. Chicken  slices left over from roasted breasts and a squeeze of green goddess for mine, ranch for his. 

Dinner last night/lunch today:

Chicken roll ups

Broccoli

Whipped garlic mashed potatoes

Chicken roll up recipe:

-1 10 oz can of condensed Cream of Chicken soup

-1/2 milk

-1/2 cheese (shredded, of your choice, if you want more, feel free for you cheese fanatics)

-1 pack of 8 cresent rolls

-Chicken breast (about 6-8 oz. per pack of cresent rolls)

-Salt, pepper, seasonings of choice

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Cook and shred up chicken breasts, set aside

3. Mix soup, milk, cheese together until smooth, season to taste per your liking (I used a touch of lemon pepper, onion powder, salt, pepper this time around)

4. Spoon portion of mix into bake pan (I used a glass 13x9, actually made double this recipe in that size, you have a 8x8 or 9x9 it can work for a single pack of cresent rolls) until base is covered lightly with soup mixture

5. Take each cresent roll piece, add chicken, a spoon of soup mix, roll up, and place in pan, repeat for all

6. Spoon/pour additional soup mix over rolls, top with a sprinkle more of cheese if wanted

7. Bake for 30 minutes (mix should slightly bubble), remove from oven, let cool a bit, serve and enjoy!

i've been cutting back on my carbs so i had  scrambled eggs for breakfast, and hot wings and salad for lunch.

Breakfast:

Monster Cuba Lima

Potato, egg, and cheese breakfast taco

Water

Decaf green tea

Lunch:

Egg drop soup

Salmon and tuna rolls

Vietnamese iced coffee

Water

Decaf green tea

Dinner:

Probably something with salmon....

I'm on enough fluids to power a baby hyena Smiley Tongue 

Meep, the weather is getting me well....under the weather. I'm trying to fend off a cold for the past few days which means soups (had soba noodles with dumplings and chicken in broth yesterday), green tea with honey, EmergenC, and plenty of water. 

Even brought out my froggy humidifier to use while I sleep.

No pictures, but I ate at Chipotle today. Sofritas finally came to town, it's spicy tofu, so I got a giant burrito bowl. It was so good! I'm going to fall asleep now with a giant grin on my face. Smiley Happy

Supppppper easy, cake-like cornbread recipe I follow (my home-ec teacher back in high school gave it to me):

-1 box yellow cake mix

-2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix

-2 cups of milk

-1/3 cup of oil

-5 eggs

Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease a 9x13 pan (merely cut the recipe in half if you're using a 9x9 pan). Sift or mix dry ingredients together, add in milk, oil, and eggs and beat together. Get rid of lumps in batter, pour into pan, bake for 40-45 minutes (if you're using a 9x9 pan it may take 35-40, so just keep an eye starting around the 35 minute mark regardless of pan size). 

I adore this recipe because I'm a fan of sweet cornbread and this takes all the guess work out of how much sugar to use and avoiding making it too sweet but also getting it sweet enough. It pairs great with any upcoming Thanksgiving meals or even on its own paired with a cup of hot tea or coffee!

Today is Polenta Friday! I'm trying to make a different Butternut "Polenta" on every Friday, using the bargain butternut squashes I keep buying at Trader Joe's.

Here is today's polenta: Chive-Rosemary Polenta. See recipe in older post on this page or next. I replaced the nutmeg with some crushed dried rosemary and added some kinda-minced fresh organic chives.

polenta-chivrose-12-19-2014aEDIT - Copy.jpg

Other add-ins that you can do:

Dried marjoram

Dried red pepper flakes

Dried thyme

Lemon Pepper

Finely chopped fresh scallions

Grated garlic

Plus other stuff that I haven't thought of yet!