cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Thanks, I'm between one of those or a bake with bread crumbs & bacon. Let's face it... bacon makes everything better 😛 

& if it's yucky, my boyfriend can eat it all & I'll have a salad. yup, I'm spoiled 😉 

Hahah! I'm in the same boat as you! Though my eating habits have definitely improved, my bf will still "pick up" something if I try and don't like it!

Mmmm, bacon!!! I did a breakfast scramble mash with left over brown rice and quinoa with some bacon (baked and then crumbled), scrambled eggs, and mushroom last weekend.

I'm odd about the texture of beans too....sometimes it just throws my taste buds in for a loop! :-S

image.jpg

image.jpgSoup :3

Oh yum!!!!! I may have to try this next time I have sausage! And soup weather is just about here too! Thank you for sharing!!!

I used Shiitake and baby Bellas and 1/2 a zucchini and a bag of frozen cauliflower. I add a tablespoon of Chipotle Tabasco, lime, ginger and basil. It started as a sort of Tom Yum based thing but it's kind of morphed into a kitchen sink comfort soup for fall and winter. 

It looks incredible and I'm a huge fan of mushrooms...Tom Yum is delish!

tonight i made a roux to thicken the chicken soup i made on sunday night into more of a chowder, added a pint of heavy cream and some corn and put it in a casserole dish topped with garlic cheddar biscuit batter and baked it in the oven 🙂 and i STILL have about a gallon of leftover soup haha. but man, it was SO good 😄 i need to find at least one more creative way to use up these leftovers haha. we're probably going to be eating it in some form or other for the rest of the week hahaha

I've been craving chicken noodle soup today, I think your earlier post spurred my taste buds!

image.jpg

In honor of my favorite holiday Halloween, here is one of my favorite things....cupcakes. 🙂

omg. way to give me the cupcake cravings haha. those look amazing! 

Cupcakes are my kryptonite!!!!  I love baking them, decorating them & eating them.  I took a dozen to my salon today when I went for my nail appointment.

pza.jpg

@Beautyjunkie

LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!!!

I finally got to make pizzas with the recipe you posted! I'm so excited!!!!!! 😄 My bf, cousin, and my tummy thank you!

I ended up using whole wheat all-purpose flour since I figured I'd use what I have available, found that I needed about half a cup more hot water than what the recipe called for, maybe because the wheat aspect makes it all hearty. We did skip the sauce bit because HEB had a sale on some, we got a fire roasted tomato sauce and a roasted garlic sauce.

For toppings we had the below to work with:

-Portabella mushrooms

-Fresh spinach

-Fresh basil

-Asparagus heads

-Smoke ham

-Pepperoni

-Prosciutto

-4 cheese blend

-Hand-shredded mozzerella

-Garlic

-Onions

The recipe you gave me ended up making five pizzas total, pretty awesome! We used all the dough and we still have a ton of toppings!

I was surprised at how easy it was to put together! I'll have to make some more this week because our fridge is overrun with toppings, hahah! Thanks again!

Those look amazing!!!!  I'm glad you liked them and they turned out so well.   I love the dough recipe it is the perfect texture.  I may have to try the Prosciutto and Spinach on our next pizza night!

The stellar pizza of the night was Prociutto, spinach, mushroom, and asparagus!

I also have some of the leftovers for lunch today....my stomach can't wait!

Thank you again for the recipe!

My dad has made a request for that pizza now. 🙂

Totally having another pizza night this week! My friends are coming over and it's going to be a pizza party! Can't wait, maybe I'll even snap a pic of the "assembly station"!

That sounds like loads of fun.  I may have to try that for my next trip to Houston with my 2 nieces. 🙂

Pizza topping overload in my fridge at the moment....must..make more...yummy pizzas!!!

I think that we are going to make pizza on Sunday.  I've already started my grocery list. 🙂

I think I may try some different type of tomatoes this time.

it's pouring down rain outside, we all have head colds, and i've got a pot of home made chicken soup cooking up on the stove 🙂 perfect night for it! now if only we had the fireplace cleared and ready for winter! i think that may be a project i plan for my boyfriend very soon 😄 

3 Replies
testing