Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

Oh my goodness. It's a million degrees outside but I'm totally going to brave the heat so I can go pick up some miso paste to make this!

I came up with the recipe on a complete whim a while back too! I had originally bought the miso paste for soup making (I also like to use it in broths when I make noodles), and thought, "Man, I have a whole bag of miso, don't want to waste it....what to do...what to do???" And the idea of mixing it with honey popped into my head! I've made it for friends before (made on the stove) but also I use that marinade over salmon too!

Okay so I had an amazing salad!! Smiley Very Happy

I hate salads but this was so good! It was a Strawberry and Pecan Salad!

IMG_1286.jpg

I had already taken a bite and then thought, I have to take a picture! It's so beautiful! Smiley Very Happy

It looks amazing!!!!!!  I love a good salad.

It was a tough call between the Strawberry, or the Apple one! But i think i made the right call! Next time i'll try the Apple! Yum!

@Arielaaaaaaaaa That looks fantastic!  Good call Smiley Happy

YAY for a healthy AND beautiful salad Smiley Happy

Yes! I don't often go with the Healthy choice instead of a nice burger lol! But i will start more now because i now realized my love for salads!! Smiley Very Happy

That looks really delicious.Yum.

Look at all that color and I bet it was bursting with flavor! Nice pic!!!

pza.jpg

@Beautyjunkie

LOOK LOOK LOOK!!!!!

I finally got to make pizzas with the recipe you posted! I'm so excited!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy My bf, cousin, and my tummy thank you!

I ended up using whole wheat all-purpose flour since I figured I'd use what I have available, found that I needed about half a cup more hot water than what the recipe called for, maybe because the wheat aspect makes it all hearty. We did skip the sauce bit because HEB had a sale on some, we got a fire roasted tomato sauce and a roasted garlic sauce.

For toppings we had the below to work with:

-Portabella mushrooms

-Fresh spinach

-Fresh basil

-Asparagus heads

-Smoke ham

-Pepperoni

-Prosciutto

-4 cheese blend

-Hand-shredded mozzerella

-Garlic

-Onions

The recipe you gave me ended up making five pizzas total, pretty awesome! We used all the dough and we still have a ton of toppings!

I was surprised at how easy it was to put together! I'll have to make some more this week because our fridge is overrun with toppings, hahah! Thanks again!

Those look amazing!!!!  I'm glad you liked them and they turned out so well.   I love the dough recipe it is the perfect texture.  I may have to try the Prosciutto and Spinach on our next pizza night!

The stellar pizza of the night was Prociutto, spinach, mushroom, and asparagus!

I also have some of the leftovers for lunch today....my stomach can't wait!

Thank you again for the recipe!

My dad has made a request for that pizza now. Smiley Happy

Totally having another pizza night this week! My friends are coming over and it's going to be a pizza party! Can't wait, maybe I'll even snap a pic of the "assembly station"!

That sounds like loads of fun.  I may have to try that for my next trip to Houston with my 2 nieces. Smiley Happy

Pizza topping overload in my fridge at the moment....must..make more...yummy pizzas!!!

I think that we are going to make pizza on Sunday.  I've already started my grocery list. Smiley Happy

I think I may try some different type of tomatoes this time.

I made yeast rolls (for the first time) to have with the stew I made for dinner.  I'm testing out recipes to make rolls for Thanksgiving. 

You can tell which ones got extra butter. Smiley Wink

image.jpg

My absolute weakness!!  Evil Yeast Rolls!  ;-)

I love those huge yeast rolls from Bob Evans.  I'm trying to find a recipe that is close to theirs. Smiley Happy

1 Reply