Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? Smiley Very Happy

Re: What's on your plate?

No worries! Smiley Happy Here in BT, we all seem to be on the same page of keeping this wonderful forum drama free! It just makes it so much better for everyone and makes it such a wonderful escape!

Awww, food allergies are horrible! My friend carries a giant make up bag FULL of pills for her food allergies in case one is triggered! She has pills, epi-pens, you name it! She even has a latex allergy (you won't believe how present latex is in food, not even processed stuff, but from the ground up!) and bought a new phone case, and not even 20 minutes after she had it up to her face, she started turning red and itchy!

It wouldn't hurt to get the allergy checked out and find out what all to keep an eye out for. That sucks that you can't have celery and pb! Do you know what aspect of it that irritates/triggers a reaction?

Fruits and veggies are always good, especially with it being hot and in the summer! Cucumber salads (like the ones in sushi restaurants) have been something newer that I like to make. It's crisp, refreshing, and a good snack!

@lylysa Oh no your poor friend! I feel for her.

Just happens automatically with any fruits and veggies. Unless if I add hot sauce, salt, ranch, lemon & if they are chocolate covered, otherwise if I eat them plain the itching begins immediately.

Oh I love those cucumber salads and since they have that asian dressing on it , I am ok eating that. Yummy.

I am super hungry now! LOL

Cucumber salads are super easy to make! Rice vinegar is sold in super markets and Asian grocery stores, I like to add a touch of water to dilute the tartness a bit as well as a bit of sugar (I like to warm the water and melt the sugar in that before adding it to the vinegar).

Drizzle on cucumber slices and if you want, add some artificial crab meat and sesame seeds!

@BeautyJunkie325: I feel ya. My mother is currently going through radiation therapy for breast cancer.

@beautytester: looks awesome. I would probably have to substitute the rum for maple syrup or something (I'm straight edge) but chocolate death is always my downfall. lol

Oh forgot the credit. Originally the recipe was from Luxirare, she had water and I substituted with licqour cuz I like my dessert darker/more adult (and I added the syrup from my other rum cake recipe). You can use water instead. It taste best hot/warm cuz then it's fluffy and the center is gooey (it hardens a bit when cold).

I've started a new workout regimen, and with it comes a diet plan.  Well, more like guidelines.

So far, I was bad today and skipped making the gluten-free protein pancakes, opting for some much simpler scrambled eggs and a small-ish salad with olive oil & lemon juice.  Now I'm enjoying some broiled salmon with more salad and olive oil & juice, plus eyeballing my sweet potato half and wondering if it's cool enough to eat yet.

Mmmm, I had some sweet potato fries with a burger last night (had a fried egg, mushrooms, and swiss cheese on it).

Keep us posted on the the new diet plan!

Yay I finally finished that last piece of GIANT chocolate cake. I forget that I always gain 5-10lbs whenever I make rum cake. =X

Had a small moon cake for breakfast.

Then a sausage, egg and cheese croissant sandwich for lunch. 

Dinner will be healthier, a cob of corn and watermelon. =D

Rum cake is AMAZING! Smiley Happy

Breakfast : scrambled eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls

Lunch: left over cinnamon rolls from breakfast

Dinner: Baked Chicken and Spanish rice

<3 Spanish rice! What did you season the baked chicken with?

@lylysa: California rolls are my fave, but I'm open to trying most kinds. Smiley Happy

I tend to get crazy with rolls!

My favorite is unagi (eel) because it has such a smokey, slightly sweet flavor! But I'm also a fan of spicy tuna and smoked salmon!

Yay birthday!

Got a rice noodle bowl for brunch, the lunch lady put in generous amount of meat on there, I attribute it to my birthday luck, and Burberry lipstick luck.

Dinner is a free large Green Tea Frappachino from Starbucks and roasted eggplant soup (recipe from Smitten kitchen). Yum

Mmmm, noodle bowl!!!!

Happy birthday (now belated) again!!!! Smiley Very Happy

I should probably feel ashamed of this one, but it was soooo tasty!  Pizza bites with hummus.  Smiley Very Happy

Pffff, you know better, we're not here to shame! Smiley Tongue

I love hummus! Had some last night!

Yummy.

I'm having one of my "inventions" 

Tofu makes everything better!

I'm vegan, so I have to be creative and bold.

Rice + tofu + whatever's lying around.

it's good! Not fancy, but that's me.

Doesn't look as good as pizza though!

You'll have to share some tofu recipes with us! My friend makes the best General Tso's Tofu! Smiley Happy It's an all day ordeal so when he makes it, it's a BIG deal!

I had some kale with nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon, olive oil, black pepper & celtic sea salt. Then I had celery sticks dipped in Annie's Organic Goddess Dressing. NOM NOM.

Then some chocolate.

I keep dancing around buying kale! I think I finally need to take the plunge!

1 Reply