cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? ๐Ÿ˜„

Re: What's on your plate?

that looks delicious, enjoy

It even LOOKS pretty, @Mellmars1185.

@CookieGirl1 Why thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ooooh my gosh I have used those plates! @Mellmars1185 small world! *mind blown* my In-laws have them ๐Ÿ˜„

That is a yummy fresh and healthy looking dinner ๐Ÿฝ  enjoy! ๐Ÿ’—

@CynthieLu Thanks! Rhe plates belonged to my fiancรฉe before we got together. I thinkbthey were his parents old plates. I want to get new plates and have them all match...but i haven't had any issues with the ones i have. I don't love them but i dont mind them either lol

I know what you mean,  I have had quite few inherited dishes ๐Ÿ˜‰

Recently we did get a simple all white dish set. Heavily influenced by my sister who felt our old plates from the 70's had to go lol

A1B3B848-0015-40A3-BA2F-DE5DA88D3642.jpeg

Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pizza)! It actually has very little in connection with pizza other than the shape. Itโ€™s basically a savoury cabbage pancake with whatever protein toppings and sauce on top. I went with enoki mushrooms, leeks,  marinated beef, and bacon. Itโ€™s a bit tedious to make but theyโ€™re always a hit whenever guests come over. 

@JoSometimes This looks and sounds absolutely deeelicous! I like how you did the design with the sauces on top ๐Ÿ˜

Thank you @Mellmars1185! Itโ€™s actually really easy to do. Alternate the sauces in rows, then drag a toothpick or knife across all the layers. I actually borrowed it from seeing people bake desserts. 

Oh my goodness @JoSometimes youโ€™re such a pro ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒน I need to copy this โ™ฅ๏ธ

Thank you @blackkitty2014! I wouldnโ€™t say Iโ€™m a pro. Just someone who enjoys foods from around the world. 

Oooh, thatโ€™s awesome that you made okonomiyaki @JoSometimes - it looks beautiful! ๐Ÿ˜ Your choice of protein and veggies sound delicious! Yum!

Thank you @itsfi! I made so much itโ€™s both lunch and dinner today. 

Oh my gosh,  this is a cartoon dream come to life. @JoSometimes 

The first I heard about it was from a cartoon t.v show, a character was a Okonomiyaki chef and she battled with her giant spatula. I always wondered what it was or looked like on real life ๐Ÿคฉ

That looks sooo gorgeous, a feast for the eyes and the tummy ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

Beautiful meal!

@CynthieLu What cartoon is this? Iโ€™m trying to remember where I first learned about this dish. It was either Food Network or something that popped up on social media. I usually only make this when friends or family  come over because one small cabbage usually results in 2 or 3 of these. 

Have you ever heard of Ranma 1/2? @JoSometimes It's oooold but awesome ..if you like anime. Lol.   It was by the same person who wrote Inuysasha but again,  way old.  It's a about a boy who turns into a girl whenever he is splashed with water,  and the chaos that insues ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ soo good!

Ohhh my gosh @CynthieLu! That anime was more than 20 years ago for me! My friend showed it to me but home internet was just starting to gain popularity and I could never have the internet on long enough to download episodes. I only ever saw a handful of episodes. Interesting how my life today kind of mirrors that anime (minus getting splashed with water and the chaos.)

Some parts of it wouldn't fly today,  there's a very inappropriate grampa character later on in the show for example,  but at its heart it was a pretty funny show. 

I watched it on TV growing up but it eventually got removed, if you ever see it, you'll see why, it came over here and they played in during morning cartoons like a kids show, but it's more teen if anything.

Lol yes, minus the water lol ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿฉท

I do remember the grandpa! It would absolutely not fly today. And yet there are some things that were taboo back then but totally normalized today. Interesting how societyโ€™s evolved.

And thank you for going along with my humour! I appreciate you @CynthieLu! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™Œ

Right back at ya sweets @JoSometimes ๐Ÿ˜˜

@JoSometimes I've never heard of that dish but it looks interesting!  What's the sauce?

6 Replies
testing