cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? ๐Ÿ˜„

Re: What's on your plate?

Thank you so much @tsavorite! It came out delicious! 

Yum!  @Saradestin   How did you get the broth to be so yellow- I think that makes chicken soup look so much more appetizing.

I didnโ€™t add anything @Ispend2much6 , only the chicken broth, vegetables and herbs de Provence. Maybe it was the olive oil from drying the vegetables (including the carrots)? I di t really know, but I agree, it was looking quite yellow 

@Saradestin @Looks so yummy 

It was so good @SportyGirly125

I had an epiphany moment the other night while  taking a masterclass from an olive oil sommelier for work the other night.  I had NO idea I was supposed to be removing the husks from chickpeas when making houmous.  I learned a lot of olive facts as well but omg this whole time๐Ÿซฃ!!!  I thought I hadnโ€™t been blending my chickpeas or cooking them long enough.  Hahaha.๐Ÿ’ก!!!!    
Hereโ€™s a houmous using lemon infused olive oil, fresh tahini, caramรฉlisรฉs garlic, cumin, cayenne a squeeze of orange and salt.  Topped with Madagascar black pepper infused olive oil cayenne and orange peel stuffed olives.  Smoooooooth!!!!   

F88031A9-DFD5-4EF9-B745-55C182E66C4F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

That looks so amazing! @heartsmyface 

@heartsmyface That looks and sounds amazing. I am a big fan of hummus and olives. I didnt know about removing the outer layer of the chick peas. Thank you for sharing!

@Mellmars1185   Itโ€™s a game changer!   it took about 20-25 minutes sitting there squeezing them

out of their husks but it was well worth it!  

That is soo visually pleasing @heartsmyface and I bet it tasted amazing.  I have never tasted humous with orange in it, but i bet it complemented the spices ๐Ÿ˜

@CynthieLu   It was so good!!!  Orange and cumin taste fantastic together!!! ;);).   I was inspired by the orange stuffed olives.  

@heartsmyface  It's simply beautiful!  I did make hummus by removing the chickpea skins by hand one time.  It does make a difference.   I wonder if one of those sieve-like puree things would work as well (can't think of the name right now.)๐Ÿ˜‚

@Ispend2much6  Thatโ€™s what I did.  It took about 20 minutes so not that bad. I also heated them up before blending because apparently they blend more smoothly when heated.  who knew!  
i donโ€™t need any more gadgets around the kitchen though I do have my eyes set on an air fryer.  I hope I get over it.  

We have a Kitchenaid mini oven and air fryer.  It's really nice; great for heating up pizza. ๐Ÿ˜‚

It's our only toaster oven, so I'm okay with having it.  It can hold a pie or a 13x9 pan.

@Ispend2much6  ๐Ÿ˜‚. The real temptation for me is Iโ€™m told theyโ€™re great for evenly caramelizing meats and fish.  ugh, Iโ€™m torn cause itโ€™s will either be used all the time or it will be yet another kitchen toy I use three times and never tough again.  

@heartsmyface  I get it.  I know when I've made chicken wings in it, they did not caramelize evenly because they are not symmetrical pieces of meat.  Mine has options for toasting, baking, broiling, and convection oven.  I may have to try to cook some flat pieces of meat (I do have cod and salmon in the freezer) and let you know.  It's a pain to clean though.  Almost everything I make requires scrubbing a net basket and wiping down the entire oven.  Oh, I do have a brownie recipe that requires a convection oven too....they have espresso powder and almond extract and are like fudge on the inside.  Might have to add that to the experiment. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow! That has to taste AMAZING @heartsmyface ! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

@Saradestin  Right now Iโ€™m feeling like itโ€™s the most delicious thing Iโ€™ve ever made๐Ÿคค. I just polished off 1/5 of the bowl and am full but Iโ€™m sure it tastes good with crackers/bread/veggies as well;);)   

I am getting hungry just by thinking about it @heartsmyface ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค

@Saradestin I imagine you MUST have the ingredients and better ones at that!   I just learned that the sooner after olives are harvested and turned into oil the higher antioxidant count on the oil because they didnโ€™t have time to develop as much peroxide and start fermenting.  That olives need to be turned into olive oil within 24 hours to produce a good oil and that the best oils are produced within 58 minutes of plant removal.  

Also, if an oil is over a year old thereโ€™s a high probability itโ€™s carcinogenic because peroxide levels continue to increase and cut the tails off the triglycerides producing free radicals.  

Wow! Thatโ€™s fascinating @heartsmyface !! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

19 Replies
testing