cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@blackkitty2014 Nice hot sauce collection. I would like to try those one day.

Better yet we should make our own hot sauce @Mellmars1185 😘

@blackkitty2014  That actually sounds like a fun idea!   

@heartsmyface @we should seriously consider building a club of making sauce. I feel liked some hot sauces have good flavors but lacking heat or other way around 😘

@blackkitty2014 Excellent idea 💡🙏

Now that looks like a nice collection, @blackkitty2014! Yum!

They’re a bit pricy but we are spice/ hot sauce lovers so well worthy @quspork 😘

Fun names on those @blackkitty2014 😀 It looks like 2 of them are carrot based hot sauces or am I reading the bottles wrong?

No you are correct @CynthieLu. I like TRex and 3 wrongs make a right does have carrots as ingredients 

F738D279-CBB1-4A0F-A6DF-3B098A0219A4.jpeg

I forgot I wanted to share my Hodge Podge Pie 🥧 I baked this on Boxing Day using Christmas dinner leftovers and used a homemade puff pastry instead of a traditional pie crust. Absolutely love how it turned out and wish I had a nice big slice right at this moment ♥️ 

@bakeamuffin ,

This looks and sounds great!  I like the pattern of stars!

@bakeamuffin  Omg that sounds soooooo good!!! We used to do something similar with pot roasts and called them goulash pie.  

@bakeamuffin "Hodge-podge pie" is such a cute name for it!  The name may be cute but the pie itself looks beautiful 💛.

This looks so good, @bakeamuffin

@quspork Thank you! 😄

That is gorgeous @bakeamuffin wow! The stars are so pretty. Yummy way to eat your left overs 😁

@CynthieLu thank you! I just love throwing it all together in a pie, somehow it feels even more homey and helps the feeling of Christmas last beyond the 25th  🤶🏻 

@bakeamuffin I am taking notes! That looks delicious. The pastry is beautiful. 🥧

Thank you @Mellmars1185 , theres

nothing like the soft flakiness of a puff pastry. Especially one smothered in gravy 🥰😍

Oh my goodness you’re a pro @bakeamuffin . I love how you did the stars ️ on the pie crust 👍👏

Had to use those holiday cookie cutters one last time @blackkitty2014 ! Thanks so much for your kinds words 😊

testing