cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@NinaNee, these are beautiful!! 😍 Wow! You worked so hard. They look delicious. 😋 

2023 Goals

1. Get on NinaNee’s potsticker giveaway list 

@itsfi thank you 😊 if you were close I'd so give you some. If it didn't take me so long I'd be willing to make these more often. The husband has said to me why do I make so much but I feel like if I am making them I mind as well make a lot and freeze them to enjoy whenever. I have now resorted to buying pre-made wrappers to cut time and it still takes long but it's ok because it's so worth it. 

Awww, you’re so kind @NinaNee! 🥰 

I completely understand your making a bunch and freezing them. That’s really smart. It takes a great deal of effort to make dumplings / pot stickers and if you’ve gone through the effort of gathering all the ingredients and materials and will put in the work to make them, it makes perfect sense to make extra and freeze them. 

Those are generously sized potstickers and the folds on yours are exceptional. 😍 I tried a few times and well, let’s just say that no one has a problem if I decide to help out another way when my family makes dumplings. 🤣 Mine don’t usually keep their shape and they most definitely do not come close to looking like yours.

@itsfi thank you and trust me, mines use to not look like this. I'm Hmong and I never grew up eating any sort of dumplings. I learned how to make potstickers in my early 20s and I would literally just make it flat with no folds because I couldn't do it. After a couple years and watching many YouTube videos on how to fold different types of dumplings along with eating many deformed shapes I've reached the shape I fold it at now. You will get there, just takes time and patience.

Awww, thanks @NinaNee! You have such patience and dedication to master the art of making dumplings. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom who does this for her. That's really sweet. 

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Your friends and family are so lucky 🤩 Those are beautiful @NinaNee I bet they are delicious too *drool* 😄

Thank you @CynthieLu everyone says they taste good. 

I feel like I can tell just by how amazing they look 😅 they must be fabulous! 😄

@CynthieLu awh thank you 😊 

We made tosino with rice and veggies. Again...picture of leftovers. I had a fried runny egg on top of mine. Delicious!

20220922_193127.jpg

@Mellmars1185, mmmm, tosino and a runny egg! Yum!

@Mellmars1185 that would be so yummy! I love my eggs the same way 😃

@CynthieLu Thank you! It was a tasty and really easy dish to make! I also like that i get to have my veggies. Not all of my family enjoys them. Recently i have been putting them on the side so at least I can have them 😊

Nachos with pulled pork

20220919_181650.jpg

Oh yum, @Mellmars1185, I love pulled anything and that looks so good!

@CookieGirl1 Thank you!

That looks fabulous @Mellmars1185 ! What a treat 🤩🤩🤩 love pulled pork s0o much. I think it's gotta be good on everything right? 😅

@CynthieLu Thank you! We had pulled pork 4 ways in one week. I hate to waste food lol. I can confirm it was great on everything we had and I can think of many more things to put it on top of!

I believe you @Mellmars1185 it can go on anything 🌟  Okay share time.  I made pulled pork pasta once and made the spaghetti sauce very bbq sauce inspired. It was crazy good!

@CynthieLu Great idea!!

I had some smoked pulled pork in the freezer. I made a coleslaw and chopped up some freshly picked apple and we made our take on a pulled pork sandwich!

20220918_180609.jpg

6 Replies
testing