cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Focaccia to go with soup.

focaccia.jpg

I can imagine how good this must be @Ispend2much6, it looks amazing 🤩

@CynthieLu  Thank you!  It's fun to experiment with new baking projects.

I agree totally @Ispend2much6 baking is so fun. For me especially when it turns out. I made this cake once from scratch omg disaster but  😋 yours definitely did come out beautiful!

@CynthieLu  Mmm....cake!  I only do simple sheet cakes.  The layer cakes are too much trouble. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 Looks Delicious!

@Mellmars1185  Thanks!!  A local restaurant used to make their fococcia from scratch.  They baked it with fresh tomatoes, fresh bay leaves stuck on their sides in the dough, and I think rosemary.  I wish I still had my bay tree; we cut it down last year.

@Ispend2much6 Sounds delicious. Why did you cut it down?

@Mellmars1185  I had planted it in a garden box and it was taking up too much room. Plus, I hadn't really taken care of it so it was bedraggled.  I could have probably saved it, but I was lazy. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 I hear you. We re did our back yard this year and have a small garden. I dont have much of a green thumb but i am going to be looking into perennials that will grow in that space and maybe a small bush or tree that doesn't grow very large.

@Mellmars1185  Nice!  Bay trees can be grown in a pot, or as a hedge, or kept as a small bush.  They generally are pretty hardy, and evergreen.  We live in a humid, buggy place which makes things challenging. 

It's impossible to kill rosemary. 🙂  A lot of people here use it in landscaping.

@Ispend2much6 Sounds beautiful. I see people do that with lavender here 💜

@Mellmars1185  Even better!

@Ispend2much6 Looks delicious

@SportyGirly125  Thank you!  I ate too much of it; my face is puffy from the salt and carbs. lol

This looks SO good @Ispend2much6!!

@DaneeBT  Thank you!!  I honestly expected it to have more flavor after rising in the fridge for 24 hours, but...it'll do. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 I'm sure it was still delicious! What kind of soup did you eat it with?

@DaneeBT  Chicken vegetable.  I made broth with the chicken, onion, celery, and turmeric (any other veggies end up making it bitter for some reason,) then zucchini, yellow squash, sweet potato, crushed red pepper, tomato, oregano.

@Ispend2much6 that sounds so good too! I bet it went well with the focaccia. It's a bit too hot where I live to be eating soup but I can't wait for the fall/winter so I can make soup all the time! 😄 

Red Thai Curry Chicken on a bed of rice tonight. Again... these are the leftovers! I am always too hunger to think of taking a picture!

20220816_191826.jpg

5 Replies
testing