cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Samtian ,

When you are in Salt Lake City, I want to recommend  that you try Crown Burger!  It's the best fast food place in this area.  The Crown Burger is a burger with a layer of pastrami.  It's big.  Their bacon cheeseburgers are our favorite.  They also have wonderful thick french fries, fry sauce, french dip sandwiches, and onion rings, pineapple milk shakes...  Many other good sandwiches and choices.  I'm really a fan!  Have you tried them yet?

@tsavorite hmm I am taking mom down there later this month, maybe we will check it out! Do they have non-beef options? I didn't know you lived in SLC!

@Samtian ,

If you Google "Crown Burger Menu," you will be surprised at how many non-beef options they have!   Chicken, fish, and shrimp.  (I've never had their shrimp.)  Their fish burgers have a big chunk of iceberg lettuce on them.  I used to live in SLC, and I don't visit the city and Crown Burger nearly often enough now!   🍔  I hope that you and your Mom get a chance to to try it out.

@tsavorite Ah! Thank you for the info though, we'll check it out!

@Samtian ,

Another place to try, if you have heard of it and are interested: "In and Out Burger."  They don't have other choices besides beef burgers, except maybe just cheese.  They have limited numbers of choices, that's their theme, but their burgers are pretty good, especially if you can't get to Crown Burger.  Their milkshakes are excellent.  I would go to McDonalds for their fries, and other non-beef options.

Or maybe Chick-fil-A?

@tsavorite Oh yeah! Loved them until I got allergic to beef lol, still love their shakes but the lines are always so busy. I used to collect the shirts!

Oh, @Samtian,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are allergic to beef.  I didn't even know that was a thing, so I just looked it up. 

On the off hours, In and Out Burger lines aren't bad.  It's a matter of timing.

@SportyGirly125 My friend used to dine at the flagship store in Seattle.  As she said, tres chic!

@greeneyedgirl107 I know they are not all the same because they offer different menu items.  I think I have been to 6 different ones so far.  I want to try the one in Seattle and New York.

@SportyGirly125  That avocado looks so perfectly ripe!  

@heartsmyface It was perfectly riped and so yummy.

Of course I had to look up Laderach, @SportyGirly125 !  What a beautiful meal!

@Ispend2much6 @It was very yummy. 

@SportyGirly125 Yummy! You make me miss Nordstrom cafe. The closest Nordstrom to us was about an hr away but they was closed for good due to the impact of the pandemic 😭

@blackkitty2014 Awww all the malls around me still have the cafe.  The closest one to me is less than 10 minutes away.

Today I joined the dark side....actually, the green side 💚😂 I bought a herbal tea with hemp in it. The name of it is "buona notte" 🌙 (good night/sleep in italian). I know that this plant has a lot of good properties, but I was always scared of try something with hemp in it. By the way, one of my favorite lip balms, the sol de janeiro one, has hemp in it....If you won't see me anymore on this chat, now you know why 🤣 I will add the list of ingredients (in italian)....but it's basically a mix of hemp, passiflora (passion fruit flowers), peppermint, lemongrass, melissa and other things.

Credit: pompadour italiaCredit: pompadour italia

Spoiler
  Credit: pompadour italiaCredit: pompadour italia

@Ispend2much6 just to let you know if you were concern for my safety, I'm still here 😂😂 the taste is horrible, but I slept very well last night!!

@Skunk12puzzola  Well that's great news!  I may need to look for a similar tea myself then.

@Ispend2much6 I threw the whole box away this morning. I didn't sleep well last night (the 2nd night that I used it), and I was a little irritable. The taste is horrible (like a bitter medicine) and I feel anxious overall for any possible side effect. So it's a no for me. I thought it worked but, I should have wait a few more days to see the results. And those results are 👎

@Skunk12puzzola. I'm glad you figured it out sooner rather than later! My son stopped using melatonin for the same reason when he had covid (even though it was recommended.)

@Skunk12puzzola. I understand your concern. I don't know if hemp and cbd are used interchangeably in the food and beauty world, but hemp seeds are very good for us. I did use a cnd cream one time and it made me woozey just like ingesting cbd oil did!

3 Replies
testing