cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mellmars1185  I know; it makes me want to never eat out, but not for long. 😉

@Skunk12puzzolaThat poor lady! 

@Ispend2much6 Looks Delicious! 

@Mellmars1185  It is a great recipe!

Those look so delicious @Ispend2much6! 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

@Saradestin  Berries are yummy in anything, right? 😊

@Ispend2much6 mmmmmmmmm. 

Tonight I made ravioli with sage butter sauce and broccoli slaw. The pasta was that fresh premade pasta and the salad was from a bag...Some days I am not motivated to cook. Tonight was one of those nights. I managed to take a picture of the leftovers. I always forget to take a pic of my plate!

20220615_194518.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
I had a piece lovely angel food cake with custard and fruit on it for desert. Gifted by my coworker 

Looks yummy! @Mellmars1185 

@idanyd Thank you 😊

@Mellmars1185  Looks great!  I've never made sage sauce; is it easy?

That looks delicious @Ispend2much6!! I love sage and I don’t use it as much as I should! 😋😋😋

@Ispend2much6 Yes it is easy like @Skunk12puzzola mentioned. I really like the flavour of sage. It reminds me of stuffing (which is one of my favourite foods). I add the al dente pasta to the sauce with a tiny bit of pasta sauce. 

@Mellmars1185 I love sage too, we have sage and lemon candies here, so yummy!! I also love its color, it's very soothing to me!!

Credit: Mera e LonghiCredit: Mera e Longhi

@Skunk12puzzola Those sound delicious! Green is a soothing and refreshing colour to me also!

@Ispend2much6 @Mellmars1185 if it's like the same we do here, it's very easy. You have to melt some butter in a pan, and then add some sage leaves. The taste is very nice, we do this sauce for coating pumpkin tortelli for fall and Christmas.

Yesterday, while doing groceries, I bought a block of chocolate 🍫 of Modica (Sicily). This chocolate is known for its texture, it's very grainy and it's made with very few ingredients. For now, we only have tried the orange peel one 🍊, and it's delicious 😋 Probably they sell their products online!!

Credit: antica dolceria rizzaCredit: antica dolceria rizza

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤 All of them have to be delicious @Skunk12puzzola! I am so curious about the peperoncino! 😃🌶🌶🌶

@Saradestin probably you can find all the flavors online. In the actual grocery store I only saw the orange peel one and pistachio one. The orange peel one taste delightful, so yummy (I love chocolate and orange/lemon zest together)....probably tomorrow I will buy the pistachio one and then I will report how I like it.

@Skunk12puzzola  Yum!  I have actually had some of that brand of chocolate before!  If I remember correctly, they use a large-grained sugar that makes it grainy?

@Ispend2much6 not only due to sugar, it's grainy because of the way the chocolate is processed.

testing