cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Dinner- salami, giardiniera, olives, pappardelle with zucchini, semi sundried tomatoes, Calabrian chile, garlic, grana.

pasta salami.jpg

Tasty @Ispend2much6 😋 

I am hungry and I have to go through all these delicious dishes! 🤤🤤🤤 This is so cruel! 😅😅 It had to be so good @Ispend2much6 Yummy!!

@Saradestin   I'm so, so sorry!!!  lol  I used an olive oil from France (Maussone, I think,) and it smells and tastes exactly like olives.

@Ispend2much6 😋😋😋🤤🤤🤤🤤

@Ispend2much6 This looks delicious! Lots of variety 😋

@Ispend2much6 we love giardiniera here!! it's so crunchy and fresh, it's lovely in summer 😋 we like to eat it with roasted chicken, like a side dish.

@Skunk12puzzola  Have you ever made your own?  I haven't...yet.  Mine was from a jar, so not very crunchy, but the acidity was a good contrast to the pasta. You can see the oil running away from the noodles! lol

A couple of times I made a roast in a slow-cooker with giardinera.  I put the roast in, sprinkled with garlic powder, crushed red pepper, I think a brown gravy packet or bouillon, oregano, and the entire jar of giardinera plus its juice.  It was really good! I did the same one time with a jar of pepperoncini.

@Ispend2much6 These ones are the ones we buy, Conad and Esselunga are two big grocery stores that we have here.

Conad giardinieraConad giardinieraEsselunga giardinieraEsselunga giardiniera

@Skunk12puzzola  Those look wonderful!  We don't have those brands here.

@Ispend2much6 these are not brands, these are groceries stores that sell their own products, that's why. For example, esselunga has stores only in north Italy....if you go in other regions, you can't find it.

@Ispend2much6 I never made my own, it's too much cutting for me, all those tiny veggies pieces 🍴😂 but it's good. We also buy it in a jar, a glass one. The one we buy is very crunchy, I love the little carrot pieces, and the cipolline (those tiny white onions)...😋

@CookieGirl1   My hands and I thank you. 💕

chocolate in bag.jpg

@Ispend2much6 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

@Ispend2much6 love it! 😂

I made a lentil salad with canned ham, peas, carrots, red onion, pickles and fresh dill. I used mayo and olive oil (learned from @Saradestin ). I added a bit of freshly squeezed lemon, salt and pepper. Again i forgot to take a picture of my plate. I also had rice cakes with cream creese, cucumber and everything bagel seasoning.

20220526_193625.jpg

Sounds yummy @Mellmars1185 😋 

@Cissy63 Thank you! I was impressed on how this turned out!

Exquisite @Mellmars1185!! I forget that lentils make great salads too! Thank you for reminding me! Your lentil salad looks delicious! 🤤🤤🤤😋😋😋

@Saradestin Thank you so much. I was getting creative with what I had left before my grocery shop. It is amazing what you can create with a little bit of imagination

@Mellmars1185  That is so creative, and sounds soo good!

6 Replies
testing