cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mellmars1185  I think they're a fruit, but not 100% sure.

@Ispend2much6 @Mellmars1185 yup, olives are fruits 🙂

@CookieGirl1 @Ispend2much6 Thanks!!! I really want to pick some up. I am craving them! 

Dinner tonight:  pappardelle with beef, carrot, and zucchini bolognese, olives, parmigiano reggiano with balsamico. 

The pappardelle did not want to behave to be plated prettily- it reminds me of my hair.

dinner.jpgMy favorite for drizzling.My favorite for drizzling.

Oh good @Ispend2much6 🥰🥰🥰.  I am going to see about making pappardelle.  We never have and neither did my family nor my in law’s.  Looking forward to a new pasta!! Your bolognese sauce sounds yummy too!!

@Cissy63I hope it behaves for you. 🙂

You are making me so hungry @Ispend2much6 !!! 😋😋😋 It had to be so delicious! You made me laugh with your hair comment 😂😂😂

@Saradestin  lol!  My hair does behave like that- twisting whichever way it wants to.

@Ispend2much6 Yummy 🤤😋 we will have bolognese pasta tonight as well. But mine is the traditional recipe, with beef, carrot and celery.

@Skunk12puzzola. I'm sure yours is better my sauce was from a jar.😊

@Ispend2much6 oh!! yes, I did it from scratch, but it's super easy to make. Then, you just need to give it a couple of hours to cook 😂

@Ispend2much6 Mmmm looks so good!!! I love olives. They are one of my favourite foods. Great minds think alike! Hehe we had pasta too!

@Mellmars1185  It's cold and rainy here- how about where you are? Plus I had the sauce in the freezer.

@Ispend2much6 It is cooler than it has been and also rainy. We had some severe weather over the wknd. Pasta is definitely a comfort food for a rainy day 😋

I'm pretty excited for this summer. I planted a little garden this year and look forward to eating homegrown vegetables with fresh herbs. Fingers crossed I'll get a good crop of zucchini.

herbs.jpg

@AMK721    Best of luck.  Sounds so tasty 😋 

That’s awesome @AMK721 !!! It is so much fun to grow your own vegetables and herbs! My parents have a gorgeous vegetable garden and grow all sorts of things. Tomatoes are my favorite because they really get tasty and flavorful!! 😋😋😋 Keep us posted on your journey!! 

@AMK721 fingers crossed it will not end up like my garlic 🤞🧄😂

You will succeed @Skunk12puzzola, this was just not the year, but you will grow your garlic!! 

@Saradestin I'm scared of doing that, tbh. I will not try again anytime soon.

@AMK721  Those look great!    

1 Reply
testing