cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mellmars1185  Search for Canal House Chicken and Rice.  It will show up on a few blogs.  I used skinless boneless thighs because whenever I use chicken pieces with skin, it gets really greasy.  It's tasty, but it upsets my husband's stomach.  You can change up this recipe so much!  I have yet to try it, but I would make to try a Tex-Mex version.

@Ispend2much6 Thank you! I will check it out!

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤 I can almost smell it from here!! It has to be delicious @Ispend2much6!! 😋😋

@Saradestin. I have to admit it was! 

Can we just talk about these ones? 🖤🐠🐟🐡 I just bought them....I don't need to tell you how I feel about them 🤤🤤🤤

Licorice candies - fishesLicorice candies - fishes

@Skunk12puzzola  I ‘thought’ I solidly hated black liquorice until I tried triple salted black liquorice in Holland.  Ha, i just don’t like it without salt.  

@Skunk12puzzola I will have to tell my fiance about these. He loves black licorice.

Ah, a true Licorice! @Skunk12puzzola . These are the Salty type? 

I say there is no grey area regarding Licorice- you either Love it. Or you don't. 😊

My 2 fave types of the German-brand 'Katjes' are Schwartzen Uilen (Owls, soft, sweet) and the Katzen (small cats, medium-sweet; hard). Fond memories.

On one visit to Germany, I spotted Licorice flavor Ricola lozenges. A bit strange though.

@MvLL these ones are not claimed to be salty, but you can taste some saltiness in them, if that makes sense. My favorite one are the filled ones. They also sell online other types of these candies, with different shapes....but I'm not able to find them in the store yet.

@Skunk12puzzola I used to work with two girls that loved black licorice as much as I did.  We took turns bringing it in.  I wish I had kept on eating it, b/c now the ones I've had are a bit too much for me.  Is this one your favorite?  Are there others you like?  My fave was made by Trader Joe's years ago, and of course they only sold it for a short while.  Perfect taste (it didn't linger too long) and perfect texture.

@greeneyedgirl107 this brand is italian, and they do a lot of different types of licorice. I saw them with lemon, with other shapes of animals....they sell them with a filling inside....some of them are colorful, others not. I don't like the ones that have mint and licorice together. Right now, my faves are the filled ones (I posted the picture on this thread a few days ago).

I think they are yummy and cute @Skunk12puzzola !  I love those little Bianconeri mints!

@Skunk12puzzola Golosaaaaa 😁😋😋😋🤤🤤🤤

@Saradestin siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 😋😂

Because I love it and it is the base of the Mediterranean diet, I eat fruit every day. We should be eating at least 5 fruits and fresh vegetable pieces a day (the size of an apple, so 5 grapes or 5 peas doesn’t count 😅) I prepare a huge fruit plate everyday that I share with my husband (he wouldn’t eat any fruit at all if it was not for me preparing it this way) and the best time of the year for fruit variety is coming!! 😋😋

B9851806-3853-4AC4-871A-904237A890F1.jpeg6291DA4F-AB3D-42FF-9F13-5FB2F2F7491B.jpeg

@Saradestin ,

This is gorgeous!  It looks so healthy and delicious! 

It is both @tsavorite , and so colorful! I love my daily fruit plate! 😋😋😋

@Saradestin ,

Your daily fruit plate is truly inspiring!   Especially that you have this daily!  Wonderful!

@tsavorite And I am so excited that we are approaching the best fruit variety of the year!! I will have so much to choose from and all so delicious!! I am looking forward to the peaches, nectarines, apricots.... 🤤🤤🤤🤤

This!!! 😍😍😍 It looks so refreshing @Saradestin! I love a plate of fruit in the morning ... as an afternoon snack ... almost anytime really. 

I love fruit so much @itsfi ! And this way I get to eat so many different kinds! 😋😋 And it looks so colorful!

3 Replies
testing