cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Saradestin, yum! This looks so tasty. I'm always looking for different ways to use tuna and I'm adding this to my list.

It was delicious @itsfi!! And you can add anything you like to the mix! The options are never ending 

@Saradestin Looks Delicious! I recently made a tuna salad with chick peas and veggies. I used greek yogurt, lemon, a bit of mayo and salt and pepper for the dressing. Did you use a dressing in this dish?

It had to be delicious @Mellmars1185! I just used mayonnaise and a little olive oil, that’s it, it couldn’t be more simple!

@Saradestin Sounds delicious. Thank you!

@Saradestin  Oh gosh I LOVE capers but somehow forgot they existed!  Ha, I foresee them on everything for the next little while! 😆

😂😂 That happened to me as well @heartsmyface ! I didn’t use them for years until I remembered that they exist; they are so good! 🤤🤤

@Saradestin I very much want to copy this recipe tonight (or use it as inspiration) but I don’t have capers on hand so figure maybe chopping pickles up would work well enough for that extra zest…

capers are on my shopping list now though!  

That would definitely work @heartsmyface !! 

@Saradestin  I never ended up making it.  I ate lamb burgers instead.  🤤

Great choice @heartsmyface ! 😋😋

@Saradestin this looks yummy 😋 also @Ispend2much6 can't wait to hear your thoughts about mine 💖

Thank you @Skunk12puzzola ! With these high temperatures, salads are the perfect choice, and, as I don't like to cook, it makes my life easier 😜

Pretty, pretty, pretty @Saradestin !  I still need to try to make @Skunk12puzzola 's Italian tuna fish salad in addition to this. 

Thank you, beautiful @Ispend2much6!! That Italian tuna fish salad from @Skunk12puzzola sounds delicious!! 😋😋😋

Canal House recipe Chicken and Rice.  It's a favorite over here.  This time I used rosemary olive oil, chicken, rice, onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, and Seasonello seasoning.

chicken and rice seasonello.jpgseasonello.jpg

@Ispend2much6 seasonello 😂😂😂 love the word...half italian, half american.

@Skunk12puzzola  The name is funny, but the product is made in Italy.  It smells just like fresh herbs!  But, very salty.

@Ispend2much6 Sound and looks healthy  delicious and comforting!

@Mellmars1185  I used sushi rice to add more starch to the broth and make it creamy without cream. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 Great idea! Do you have a recipe or did you think of this recipe?

testing