cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Saradestin  This is an absolute favorite dish of mine:). 

I can understand why @heartsmyface !! 😋😋😋

@Saradestin  Also your photo is very nice!  I swear it’s clearer than my actual vision!  

I’m drooling 🤤 just look at the beautiful dish @Saradestin . It’s healthy too 😘

Thank you so much, sweet @blackkitty2014 ! I always try to make everything look beautiful because I also eat with my eyes. If it looks beautiful, it tastes better 😁

@Saradestin.What a great combo of flavors! I would order this in a restaurant it looks that good!

It was really good @Ispend2much6 ! I was pretty impressed 😁

@Saradestin  You should be!

Garlic update 🧄 @Ispend2much6 @Saradestin : is basically dead. Both the sprouts (the one I planted in January and the youngest) aren't growing. The leaves are turning yellow, and they are not growing in height. It's not the right time to harvest, so they are not yellow and floppy for that. I tried to water it less than possible, it didn't work out. I read online that garlic needs dry soil, but you must give it at least some water for a healthy growth, so I gave it a few splashes of that. I tried to put it in a sunny spot. Nada, is so floppy and yellow looking. I will wait a few more days, and then I will throw everything away 💔

Tags:

@Skunk12puzzola. Perhaps next year will be The Year?

I'm a bit late in reading this post- all about growing Garlic. I also struggle with gardening, and you have my sympathy of course.

My granny had green thumb. I suspect one has to be a bit stubborn to have success in le jardin.

@MvLL thanks, gardening is not the easiest thing. I don't want to try again because I already lost 4 sprouts, and I think it won't get better next time so.....it was a fun experiment but that's it for me.

@Skunk12puzzola  Check the nitrogen in your soil.  You may have a nitrogen deficiency.  

Too late @heartsmyface I already trash the garlic in the bin. There was mold inside the soil, don't know how, because I didn't gave it too much water.

@Skunk12puzzola  So what I’m reading is that you need lots of sunlight (which inhibits mold), low moisture and high nitrogen and that you should rotate your soil between harvests and plant tomatoes or potatoes where your last garlic crop was.   
garlic needs tonne planted I the fall so it’s exposed to the cold.  You can cheat and plant late if you put your cloves in the fridge for a few weeks before planting to mimic the cold season and get a better harvest.  no cold means no large bulbs. ( what they’re saying is you still have time to try again cause it’s still spring). 

@Skunk12puzzola   Awwww, mold is bad.  Maybe overwatering?  I don’t know.  I’m still learning as I go.   Next year is your year!  I can feel it!  

@heartsmyface thanks for all the recommendations!! I truly appreciate you so much, but I don't want to waste any more cloves, because I know that I don't have a green thumb for plants, but a black one 😂 I didn't overwater it because people told me to not do that, I don't know what happened but, that's ok. I'm upset about it, and for now, I will buy garlic from the supermarket haha

Oh no @Skunk12puzzola !!! 😭😭😭😭 I am so sad!! I was hoping that they will start to grow, even slowly 😥 Well, you know how these things work: trial and error. Keep trying, different conditions, different times of the year... Sooner or later you will have your own beautiful garlic plants! I am sure of that!! 🤗🤗🤗 Thank you for taking us along with you in this beautiful journey, even if it doesn’t want to go the right way just yet 😘😘 It will happen!

@Saradestin for some reason, I thought that you guys would be angry or upset at me because it didn't work out well....I followed all your precious advices but I guess, there is something that I still don't know about this beautiful plant. I don't think I will try again for now because I don't want to waste other precious cloves, but it was a fun experiment 😊

@Skunk12puzzola  Nah, we’re sad with you.  I even looked up what could go wrong. Maybe plant some clover with it next time cause clover is great for providing nitrogen. And water it a little less.  moisture and nitrogen seem to be the main culprits. 

Upset at you @Skunk12puzzola ???? NEVER!!! 

@Saradestin haha thank you 💗💕

testing