cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

This looks cool, omg @Ispend2much6 🍭

Here's my Mother's Day cake that my husband and kids got me. It's a Princess Torte Cake from Wuollet Bakery here in MN. The husband also made steak but the cake was the shining star 🌟 

20220508_155312~2.jpg

20220508_160146~2.jpg

So lovely!, @NinaNee. Wonderful that the cake is as tasty as it is pretty!

@NinaNee @Your hubby is a keeper 😘

Wow! That’s so beautiful @NinaNee !! 😍

@Saradestin yes it is so beautiful and taste just as good as it looks 

@NinaNee This looks so pretty.

@SportyGirly125 it is so pretty, I didn't want to cut it but I'm glad I did because it was delicious. 

Easy peasy dinner tonight.  Gnocchi sheet pan dinner- chicken tenderloins on bottom, canned artichokes, cherry tomatoes, oregano, pepper, chopped zucchini, a small jar of sundried tomatoes with oil, gnocchi, olive oil, pesto. It probably looks prettier raw than baked, so here it is. 🙂

gnocchi bake sundried.jpg

Oh my goodness I need to make this @Ispend2much6 🥰

@blackkitty2014  You literally could throw just about anything into the pan with the gnocchi- sausage chunks, meatballs, shrimp...

That looks delicious!! Now I am curious on how it looked cooked @Ispend2much6 ! I am sure it looked delicious as well! 😋😋😋

@Saradestin. The pesto helped it look pretty. One word of warning though- this needs to be baked in a dish with high sides. I forgot, again, and it overflowed all over the oven and racks. Because it contained so much oil and sugar from the veggies it formed a very sticky residue.

I had bought a cleaner called The Pink Stuff from Amazon and it took it right off with a little scrubbing!

I would have overfilled as well 😅. Thank you for sharing the cleaning product @Ispend2much6 ! I am going to put it on my wish list because my oven needs some deep cleaning and this might help 😁

@Ispend2much6 I love gnocchi but I always tend to prepare in the same way, a quick boil then sauté, served with red sauce.  I'm LOVING the idea of using them for a sheet pan dinner!  Will have to add this to this weekends menu!  Thanks for the idea. 

@missjeanie. You'e welcome! I always overcook packaged gnocchi (although it probably doesn't matter once it's drowned in red sauce and fresh mozzarella!)

This method works well to prevent that when the gnocchi is the top layer and drizzled with a little olive oil.

So colorful and italian looking @Ispend2much6 😏💚🤍💕

@Skunk12puzzola. That's the best compliment you could give me!

Picked up some Japanese pastries for my Mom and I for Mother’s Day. 

1A1CD008-FE2D-4253-9B20-BFC5F13F29C6.jpeg

3AB019E0-ED4D-4E4D-87FE-64144AE295A4.jpeg

8E233EA6-E64F-47A7-A790-B6CE540844A5.jpeg

Oh my goodness these looks yummy and super cute @SportyGirly125 🥰😋👍

@blackkitty2014 They were very yummy and delicious. The perfect Mother’s Day treat. 

testing