cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@eshoe  I'm glad you persevered; I'd not like to think of the thoughts you were having if you didn't!

@Ispend2much6 Looks delicious! I need to eat more salad!

@Mellmars1185   I understand!

@Ispend2much6 Please open the door. I’m at the front. 😂🤣 Joke aside. This looks so good and pretty. Right down my alley 😍

@blackkitty2014   It's getting cold inside with the door open- hurry up!!! lol

Sounds really fresh and looks so good @Ispend2much6 ! 

@Sunnysmom   It's a great season for greens!  I even found some endive, which is rare out our way.  I blanched and froze it to make wedding soup soon.

It was a little nerve-wracking because I don't measure my dressing ingredients, and since I was in a hurry I was even more careless. lol

'Tis the season for lots of vitamin C.

I am so excited to have discovered this thread as I love to make different recipes! Unfortunately I didnt take a pic of dinner tonight. I made balsamic chicken with smashed potatoes. 

@Mellmars1185, your dinner sounds delicious! 😋 

I love that @Mellmars1185 ! Delicious. It’s easy too from any I have made and because I’m a basic cook! 

@Sunnysmom It is pretty easy! This recipe had a lot of steps but I prepped everything ahead of time so it was very easy !

@Mellmars1185   I have a ton of balsamic vinegar and I rarely use it. Please share how you make the balsamic chicken!  Thanks!

@Ispend2much6 Here you go! Can also ve garnished with fresh or dry parsley. I substituted  half and half (or 10% cream) with the heavy cream. Enjoy!

Screenshot_20220111-052918_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-052940_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220111-053100_Chrome.jpg

@Mellmars1185   I have never seen this one- thank you so much for taking the time to cut and paste!  I was afraid it would be balsamic-heavy, but this looks perfect.

@Ispend2much6 Totally not a chicken idea... but hear me out... reduce the balsamic vinegar on the stovetop to a thick syrup.  Then pour over some cut up fresh strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream!  So good!

@missjeanie, you had me at “ice cream”!! 🥰🥰🥰

@Ispend2much6 

Lol @itsfi I'm currently attempting low carb... so I'm mentally drooling over here!

Hahaha @missjeanie. I’m currently on a brief break from low carb. The little asked to come over and cook this weekend, and she has come up with the menu she wants us to work on. It is so carb laden that I felt like I fell into carb coma just reading through her menu. 😂 

@itsfi I love this!  Carb laden menus are my faves!

@missjeanie   I know that's good!!! Thanks for the reminder!  Once upon a time, I would buy balsamic strawberry jam to dip fresh chunks of parmigiano reggiano into.  That was before I developed a strawberry allergy!

But your idea would be great for drizzling onto the cheese by itself.  I had bought a bottle of thick balsamic several years ago for this purpose, and it was fabulous.  I will have to try reducing the ones I have though- brilliant idea!!

@Ispend2much6 I love doing a chunk of parm coated in tempura batter and deep fried, then doing a reduced balsamic drizzle on top... ughhhh so yummy!

1 Reply
testing