cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I have never made those, @Emy10. They are so pretty, though! Yes, I used a whisk for my egg whites with the macarons, it doesn’t take much work and I felt that I had more control over the process than if I had used my mixer.

@eshoe  you should try to make a batch of Madeleines, theyre so good, i think its from France, but i found about them from the movie The Transporter lol

Funny enough I was just at Costco and they had a huge bag of individually packaged ones, @Emy10. Would be perfect for school lunches, or taking to work! I need to buy a tin for the molds, my kitchen wish list is growing😆

@eshoe i didnt go to Costco in a while, i have to renew my card.

I also suggest a silicone tray, theyre wayyyy easier to wash 😉

Do you have a trick for using silicone molds, @Emy10? It seems like my baked goods always get stuck. I use spray olive oil, maybe  just not enough🤔

@eshoe  things should be easier to remove from silicone molds than other regular metal trays.

Yes, try to put more butter on and around or more spray.

@eshoe That's beautiful!!!

Thank you, @CookieGirl1 🥰

@eshoe That looks delicious. I want to try baking this holiday season with my mini as well. 

Thank you, @mishanyc! I think we are going to make spritz this year, my daughter has never made them and I remember making them. Do you have and special cookies or treats you would like to make with your mini?

@eshoe I'm going to look for really simple recipes to start. I'm a beginner in the kitchen so it will be an experience for the both of us as well 😊. She likes to stand in her toddler tower and wash her fruit or watch what I'm doing.  Holiday baking would be a fun tradition to start. 

@mishanyc  try to bake Madeleine cakes, few ingredients and its fun.

If you dont have the shells tray, you could try with a small muffin tray.

Note: make sure to grease the tray well because those cakes are sticky, but so good 😊😊😊

@Emy10 This is such a great idea. And I like the idea of using what I already have to improvise the shell tray. 

@mishanyc yes, baking together this time of the year will make some great memories ☺️ I loved when my daughter was that little, to have her next to me while baking. We used to have her friends over for Christmas cookie decorating, she really enjoyed that, too.

I used to let her mix old spices together with water and a little flour to keep her busy, and she would insist on putting her ‘dough’ into a bread pan in the oven. I would put it in and my husband would keep her occupied for a few minutes while I removed a baked loaf of banana bread from the freezer. I would switch them out and present her with her ‘sauce bread’ as she called it. She knows better now, but it was funny at the time.

@eshoe That is such a cute story. It sounds like so many great memories can be made in the kitchen. Yesterday we worked on peeling hard boiled eggs for her snack.  She definitely loved it. I'm a beginner I the kitchen so I'm sure it'll be an experience for us both. 

@mishanyc oh that sounds like it must have been fun! It’s so easy to take those things for granted, but they really are special mini adventures, just learning to navigate the daily stuff💗

@eshoe. That is perfection! Seriously it looks like it came from a cookbook.

That’s because you don’t see the cracked top I used as the bottom cookie, @Ispend2much6 😉

Yum that looks great @eshoe !

Thank you, @Kim888! I think I will continue to work on my process, hoping the next ones look even better.

@eshoe This looks amazing.  I have always wanted to try to make them.

1 Reply
testing