cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Looks delicious!! Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorites

As a newbie to this, I can see why, @AznAngelLiz - it is quite satisfying! Plus thanks to the bacon and sausage, I only needed to add a very small amount of salt.

@eshoe This looks so yummy and perfect for Winter.

It was very hearty, @SportyGirly125. It went right into my saved recipe folder, too.

@eshoe I hope it taste just like the one from Olive Garden.  The Toscano is a favorite when we used to go out for lunch at work.

@SportyGirly125 I usually just get the salad but now I want to try it the next time I go.  

Yay @eshoe . The dish looks perfect 🤩 …yum yum 😋 

See thank you, @blackkitty2014. I am so glad I tried it, thanks again for sharing the recipe☺️

@eshoe  Thanks for the tag!  It's very pretty- good idea to crumble the bacon on top.  I'll try your tip to mash some of the potatoes.

Thank you, @Ispend2much6! Not sure how much your family eats, but even with omitting 2 cups of water, three of us had plenty and there are at least six - seven servings left over. I am going to try to freeze some, not sure how that will affect the texture, but we’ll see. 

@eshoe  We don't mind leftovers, so this will work out well.  Thanks!

You’re welcome, @Ispend2much6.

Apparently my husband doesn’t mind bacon leftovers as those disappeared last night!

Looks amazing, @eshoe!

Thank you, @CookieGirl1 - it was VERY filling, too 😋

B922DEC8-5908-4C3C-AFC5-0FEBF45AA506.jpeg
okie gangs I tried out this recipe on the weekend and it was a big 👋 The only I did differently is not peeling potatoes and cut them in slides just liked Olive Garden. I recommend this 😘

@blackkitty2014 ,

Thank you so much for including the recipe!   Recipes add so much to this Thread!

@blackkitty2014 This makes me want to make it this weekend even if it's in the high 70's/low 80's here.

This looks perfect for this time of the year @blackkitty2014 - hearty, comforting, and delicious! 😋 Save me a bowl, please? I'll bring salad and breadsticks. 😉

I was just setting out ingredients and didn’t see garlic listed. I printed the wrong recipe, this looks like a low-fat version. I picked up mild sausage, and have the right recipe now from Natasha’s Kitchen. 

Spoiler
2CA43F02-17DD-4CE2-8ADE-270D3242E6A1.jpeg

I hope your family will like it @eshoe 😘

Thanks @blackkitty2014. I just looked at the bottom and noticed the bacon is for a garnish. I cooked the entire package, oops! 

I have never tried this at Olive Garden but it smells delicious so far.

2 Replies
testing