cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@eshoe  When is there a reason not to cook a whole package of bacon?  😂

Thx @Sunnysmom @Ispend2much6 @eshoe . Pls let me know how that goes 😘

I printed out the recipe and added it to my grocery list @blackkitty2014. It should be cool enough to enjoy a warm bowl of soup today, so if it pans out I will post a photo😉

@blackkitty2014  I just realized the recipe calls for a whole head of garlic! I usually use that much in my 8 qt recipe for pasta sauce- so that isn't overwhelming?

I think I'll use the sausage I cooked a couple of weeks ago and put in the freezer, and canned potatoes I have on hand.  Should make it a little quicker. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 Surprisingly I notice the onion more than the garlic and I’m not garlic fan as all. And yes, not sure if I seen potato can. I might have seen it but our potato price here is not that bad so I guess I over look 👀 them 😘

@blackkitty2014  Fresh potatoes are better and healthier, but we have a little surplus of canned goods we bought during the pandemic so we need to use them up. lol  By the way, since you mentioned bacon, our price is just a little higher.  I wonder if your price went up so much because of the reason in the article in the spoiler:

Spoiler
Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 17-20-16 Bacon may disappear in California as pig rules take effect.png

Mmmmmm garlic @Ispend2much6 😂 I like your shortcuts. I never peel potatoes, whether I mash or make fries, so I see where this could save some time. I didn’t even know canned potatoes were a thing!

@eshoe  They come in whole new potato size and sliced!

I remember being served canned potatoes with butter at the elementary school cafeteria.  They're not bad with butter, lemon juice, and parsley or green onion.

They are more mushy than fresh potatoes, and have salt and preservatives.  

I have used them for potato salad, and it was okay but not my favorite.  However, they would work really well in a casserole or soup.  I might have to try them in a scalloped potato recipe to see how they do.

Parsley and lemon mixed in sounds delicious, @Ispend2much6. My mashed potatoes usually just get garlic, butter, chicken stock and cream. My family doesn’t like parmesan cheese otherwise I would add that in as well.

@eshoe  Your mashed recipe sounds great!  Will have to try that soon.

Ok I am going to give this one a try, @blackkitty2014. It looks delicious 🙂 

@blackkitty2014  I trust you; this will be this week's soup!  Thanks!

I have to try this soon @blackkitty2014 , thank you for this! Looks so good. 💞

World's easiest fake lasagne. 😂  Rigatoni casserole with pork meatballs.  I ate the burnt noodles on the edges, because they're the best part. 🙂 

20211022_193414_HDR.jpg

Oh my goodness, I love the burnt parts @Ispend2much6 @Sunnysmom. Seriously, the tastiest part of the entire dish! 

@eshoe  Yay!  They're also the least fattening part- no cheese on them. 🙂

Welllllll, I will take all the cheese parts, too, @Ispend2much6 😉

@eshoe   Good- saves me calories. 🙂 

I love skillets like this @Ispend2much6 , it looks yummy! I made skillet lasagna the other day with broken noodles and just threw in stuff and it was really good. Agree on the burnt edges, my fav part! 😋

@Sunnysmom  They are great- easy to make.  I guess I like them a little too much because my husband asked me the other day, "You like making one-dish meals, don't you?"  You bet I do- less work!

Ha I’m waiting to hear that too @Ispend2much6 . 😂 That and one sheet pan dinners in the oven! 😳🤣 

6 Replies
testing