cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@quspork  Sounds good!  I made Irish beef stew one year; it was a recipe from a gourmet website.  It called for beer and wine.  My husband was the first one to eat it, taking some of it to work the next day.

When he reheated it in the microwave, the whole break room smelled like alcohol!  Apparently none of it had cooked off. lol

I tried to make a wine and beef stew in my Instant Pot one time.  I don't recommend it, unless you want to combine your evening cocktail with your dinner. 😂  The wine didn't dissipate then either. My son wondered if that was why everyone was in a particularly good mood that evening.

This sausage soup was popular with my family.  I make an Italian lentil soup that is actually really tasty.  I'm still searching for the "perfect" chicken soup recipe.  I have made one from Penzey's that is pretty good; I haven't made it in awhile and should try again.  It's a chicken dumpling soup, with homemade dumplings. After a lot of experiments, I've streamlined my chicken broth ingredients to only include chicken, water, celery, onion, and maybe a TB or 2 of tomato paste.  So many times I made bone broth and it was bitter if I added carrots, so I only add those to the actual soup I make. 

Hahaha, no wine in the stew when using an InstantPot--- noted, @Ispend2much6😂

Dumplings sound so good today. It's been raining off and on all week and that's such a cozy-sounding meal right now. You've reminded me I'm down to one serving I think of my homemade stock, so I may need to make some more of that soon! 

I found a super easy garlic cheese bread 😘 recipe 

A88C7399-3065-4D82-80EA-5AD7623B49BC.jpeg

@blackkitty2014 ,

This looks really good! 

@blackkitty2014. Trade you some casserole for this. Garlic bread is the best.

@Ispend2much6 I wish we are neighbors sometimes… wouldn’t it be the best 😘

@blackkitty2014 Definitely! We could have a cooking co-op.  Have you found a good recioe for garlic knots? I can't make them as well as the pizza restaurants.

@Ispend2much6 Ooooo those sound heavenly 😂🤣 I will look and let you know if I find a good one 😘

@blackkitty2014Thanks!  I took a spoonful of the casserole; it's really good.  My son added crushed red pepper flakes, which seems appropriate.  You should make it.  If I make this again, I wouldn't even bother cooking the gnocchi ahead of time.  No matter what it will get mushy. lol

"Fall" casserole using a jar of Autumn Harvest pasta sauce.  Apple chicken sausage, fresh spinach. broccolini, green pepper, gnocchi, ricotta, and parmesan.

20210927_173455_HDR.jpg

@Ispend2much6 @yum yum yum 😋 I need to copy you and make this some night 😘

@blackkitty2014. If you do I hope it's good because we haven't eaten yet! I threw in the veggies we had, tired of having a container of ricotta in the fridge taking up valuable real estate,, and didn't feel like cooking a multi-dish dinner. 

Since my chicken noodle soup didn't look that pretty, I'll share pictures of our apple crumble.  I mentioned the soup to prove we eat more than sugary foods, since my last three photos were desserts. 😊

Since the topping contains oats, this will probably be breakfast. 

I did learn a good tip from the "National Trust Book of Crumbles,"- cover the filling with foil and cook it until the apples soften before adding the topping. 

20210926_191429.jpg20210926_191642~2.jpg

This proves that it is delicious @Ispend2much6 😋 

@blackkitty2014. We did eat alot yesterday! Granny smith apples are fresh and very good right now, which is what I used.

That looks delicious! I'm practically drooling at work looking at this.

I may need to make an apple crumble when I get home...

One of my favorite things about fall is sweets with apple.

@StyleLynn  Thanks!  Sorry to make your drool at work. 😂

I agree with you about fall and apples; and plums, and pumpkins...

I bought one of those apple peeling/slicing gizmos and I have never regretted it , even if I  only pull it out this time of year.

@Ispend2much6 Looks delicious. Is that ice cream on top?

@SportyGirly125  Oh yes, french vanilla.  I bet you can guess from where. 🙂

I used a pre-made topping from the UK; I think I bought it from Amazon.  It's interesting because I can tell they used ground up oats, probably regular and steel cut because there's a little bite, and some dried molasses in it.  Although it's high-carb, the whole thing is low fat (without the ice cream,) because the mix used a little oil in the topping; no butter anywhere in the whole thing.

@Ispend2much6 I was tempted to grab some french vanilla ice cream in store.  I am glad they offer it in 2 different sizes.

@SportyGirly125   One member in our family has to consume a lot of calcium, and this ice cream is their preferred method of meeting that quota. 🙂  I rarely eat ice cream, but I do like it on apple crisp.

3 Replies
testing