cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Samtian  Yum!  I'm tempted to try them again.  I just signed up for Blue Apron because they have a $80 off of boxes.  Home Chef has a similar deal. 

I hadn't used Blue Apron for over a year, and they are now charging extra for meals they used to include (like their fancy burger meals.)  So, not sure I'll stay with them but I do have some nice looking meals coming soon!  I get bored with my own cooking.

@Ispend2much6 Hello Fresh has the upcharge for fancy meals too. At least they do now, I never used them before. I loved Home Chef. 

@Samtian That looks yummy!  I received coupons in our water order this week .  We may have to give it a try.  Do you get to choose each meal?

@ragdoll4mom Yes you do. They have over 20 options total, plus add ons. 

I’ve heard good things about their delivery service @Samtian ! Did you like it?! 

@Sunnysmom No issues with the first order! Get the next one tomorrow. 

@Samtian, nice work! 😋 This all looks delicious! Did you like the meal? 

@itsfi It filled me up lol my mom did say they tasted good though.

@Samtian Looks really good

@SportyGirly125 Thank you!

Had a small group of folks over for brunch this past weekend. Waffles were on the menu.

Gluten free oat waffles, berries, a touch of syrup, and homemade whipped creamGluten free oat waffles, berries, a touch of syrup, and homemade whipped cream

For the waffles, I used the "Easy Gluten Free Oat Waffles" from Cookie + Kate. 🧇😋

@itsfi  Please let me know when you have brunch. I just invite myself right over. This reminds me of the waffle truck in Soma. I used to work in Soma 10 yrs ago and every Friday we had a waffle truck. The hazelnut waffle was just to die for. 

@blackkitty2014, you have an open invite! 😃 We also have coffee, tea, OJ, mimosa, etc. Ooouh, hazelnut waffles 🧇 sound delicious! I remember that food truck! 😋 

You have such an artistic eye for pictures @itsfi !  They also look yummy.

Thank you @Ispend2much6 for your kind words. Whipped cream makes everything taste better. 😉 The syrup didn't hurt, either. 😂

@itsfi Looks so yummy 😋

@SportyGirly125, thank you. 🙂 It's been awhile since I've made waffles but they turned out okay.

Picture perfect @itsfi ! How delicious and GF? I will def try that! Lucky guests of yours! 😋😋

Thank you @Sunnysmom😊 Definitely give the recipe a try; she includes several variations on her blog for this recipe that considers dietary restrictions, food allergies and preferences. 

I will definitely make them sometime soon @itsfi . I can’t unsee this. Nor the fresh whip creme, syrup and powdered sugar . 😳🥰 

We planted ten cucumber plants this spring because we didn't want to throw away any of the transplants, not knowing how well they would do with all of the uncharacteristically cool weather we had.  We never culled any of the plants.  This is only half of one day's harvest.  We planted burpless and pickling cucumbers.

Does anyone have any good recipes? We usually marinate them with olive oil and vinegar, or if I'm ambitious, make Knorr spinach dip to go with them.  After awhile of those we could use a little change.  Thanks!

20210619_202822_HDR~2(1).jpg

1 Reply
testing