cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

That looks delicious @SportyGirly125. Yrs ago before Açaí bowl is popular in the mainland I kept saying I would try it every time we was in Hawaii but never did. I still haven’t yet 🤣😘😂 Must try one soon 😘

@SportyGirly125 @blackkitty2014 @Sunnysmom, I used to have acai bowls every so often pre-pandemic. Then, during the stay at home last year, I tried making them myself, with varying degrees of success. 😂 This talk of acai bowls is making me think it's time again to make another one. Hmmm . . . 🤔 maybe this weekend. 

@itsfi @Sunnysmom I made it and it was a huge letdown. There were so many things that were not tasting right with it. You wouldn’t think it would be that hard to make right but geesh I was bummed. 

Oh no @SportyGirly125 I wonder why. I have no experience in making them vs just being lazy and buying them because I probably couldn’t get them right!  I wonder what you could do to help out the flavor. Not sweet enough? Stevia or monk fruit etc? I bet some of these gals can weigh in on how to do them. 🙂 

@Sunnysmom I watched some Youtube videos after and it was a blending issue I had.  Also, I didn't know people were adding fruits and then blending for taste.  So I have to play with the ingredients and see how to perfect it.

Oh that’s a great idea @SportyGirly125 , good info to know. Yummy 

@itsfi @Sunnysmom I bought ingredients to make my own today.

@SportyGirly125   Did you happen to buy the acai frozen puree packets at Trader Joe's?  I always wonder how they are.  I should just buy them. 

@Ispend2much6 @I bought the açaí packs from Trader Joe’s last week and this week. I made my own açaí bowls with them. They were just as good as the Sambazon ones in my opinion. 

@SportyGirly125  Thanks for letting me know!  I keep hearing about how good acai is for you.  I'd rather eat that than take a vitamin c tablet ( nothing wrong with that, it's just one less supplement pill!)  TJ's has a new flyer coming out soon- exciting!

@Ispend2much6 They have so many new seasonal items out now like the Ube ice cream. 

@SportyGirly125   I hope I can get those frozen chocolate oatmilk bars and the green goddess gouda cheese. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 I just picked up the chocolate oatmilk bars on Monday and had one.  It was so good.

@Ispend2much6 I bought the frozen acai and Pitaya (dragon fruit) both unsweetened from Target.

@SportyGirly125   Thank you!  Target is really surprising me lately.  I need to spend some time exploring.

Good for you @SportyGirly125! I find it nice to be able to add fruits that you like and adjust for sweetness. You and your family can enjoy a refreshing treat today! 

@itsfi I am going to make some chia puddding to add on top.  I hope it turns out okay.

@SportyGirly125, I'm sure it will turn out beautifully. And taste delicious!

Oh fun @SportyGirly125 ! Let us know how it turns out! 

@Sunnysmom I have to make some chia pudding to add on top.  I hope it turns out okay.  Wish me luck!

That sounds even better @SportyGirly125 ! That is what I really like! The chia coconut milk thing with raspberries! I’ve never made it , only bought it. Yours sounds great. 

testing