cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? ๐Ÿ˜„

Re: What's on your plate?

@CookieGirl1  That's exactly how it felt!!!

@Ispend2much6 Woah!!!! I thought that was the pound cake layer at first but wow he sure likes his frosting.

@SportyGirly125   You have no idea!  When single he used to eat frosting from a tub.  He refrigerated it to make it seem like fudge. 

And you know what?  He's skinny, and his health markers (labs) are stupendously good.  Must be the oatmeal he eats every morning and regular exercise for years. 

@Ispend2much6 My doctor who also has a little diet plan biz on the side told me that eating the frosting was the better idea vs the cake. ๐Ÿค” the โ€˜goodโ€™ fat?! Doubful!! Lol. 

@Sunnysmom  Not homemade icing!  Maybe it's lower in carbs?  Who knows.

I think that is it @Ispend2much6 because itโ€™s a lower carb based plan! Works for me. Tho I wouldnโ€™t want just frosting of course. Because , balance in all things. ๐Ÿ˜ฌha 

@SportyGirly125 @Ispend2much6  Same here. Looks delicious, though! 

It reminds me of a friend who bakes cakes, frosts them "normally," and then puts extra frosting in a bowl for his husband, who loves frosting so much he dips cake/brownies/cookies/etc. into it while eating. ๐Ÿคฃ

@WinglessOne   Your friend's husband would fit right in over here.  There is never enough frosting. lol

@Ispend2much6 I don't like frosting either but my husband loves it and his cholesterol levels are lower than mine.  I even exercise and try to watch what I eat.

@SportyGirly125   It has to have something to do with female hormones.

@WinglessOne ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@Ispend2much6 yes please. Yum. He clearly knows the right way to eat cake! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Sunnysmom   He and the kids.  They didn't get that gene from me.  I'm happy with poundcake.

Well... I certainly have that gene @Ispend2much6 ! I may or may not have found myself down a rabbit hole of easy chocolate recipes. Tho I wouldnโ€™t turn down pound cake either. Perhaps cake is the theme here isnโ€™t it.๐Ÿ˜‚

@Sunnysmom   Mmmm..cake!

I keep forgetting about this thread! 

This just looks like a bowl of sad leftovers, but it was actually a great discovery for me.  A local store had a great deal on bell peppers (the red, yellow, and orange ones.)  I had bought some to make stuffed peppers, along with some sale mushrooms.  My stuffed pepper filling made so much that I had not only enough to fill six large peppers, it also stuffed two 8 oz packages of mushrooms!

I used 1 lb. of ground turkey thigh (not as dry as the breast,) pureed a few handfuls of fresh baby spinach, two large zucchini, one onion, and two large garlic cloves, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs, lots of oregano, 1/2 can tomato paste, and a bag of mixed parmesan, asiago, and romano cheese ( fontina with a little mozzarella also works well.)  'Topped everything with a small jar of pizza sauce.

I was excited because it was a pretty healthy meal with lots of veggies, it made a ton of food, and yet everyone liked it!  How often does that happen?  The mushrooms were really tasty cold too as a snack.

20210412_022556.jpg

Looks very good and healthy too @Ispend2much6 ! 

@Sunnysmom   Thanks- it's very rare to hit that combo in our house.

@Ispend2much6, great way to use all those peppers! Stuffed mushrooms, yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@itsfi   Thanks!  I also roasted a bunch of them and put them in the freezer.  They taste freshly roasted even months later. ๐Ÿ™‚ No extra salt, no chemicals.

@Ispend2much6 oh I believe you. Stuffed peppers and stuffed tomatoes are super tasty and good for us too ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ I need to do this again 

4 Replies
testing