cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Boy does that look yummy @blackkitty2014 ! I think @Ispend2much6 got me on their recipes, so good! Lucky family of yours today! 

That looks scrumptious! I agree with @itsfi it's nice to have another great banana recipe. The frosting looks so enticing.

@Ispend2much6 @Sunnysmom My picture sucks but the frosting is really good and easy to make too.

No its cute and yummy!! Best size portion too it appears tho maybe a lil small @blackkitty2014 ! 😘 Fighting the urge to make something as we speak!! 

@Sunnysmom That was my portion for breakfast. Though I made a giant 9x13 pan lol 😂 

😂 @blackkitty2014 I def think the citrus counts as breakfast! 

That looks yummy @blackkitty2014😋 Going to bookmark that recipe - always good to have a recipe on hand when I need to use up some bananas. 

I recommend that recipe @itsfi 😘

I wasn't home much today, so I figured we would have sandwiches for dinner.  Then I thought, "Why make several sandwiches?  One huge one would do."  lol

This was for the others in my family; mine was a healthy bowl of cake and ice cream and, just for balance, some uncured lunch meat. 🙂

Store-bought baguette with sharp provolone, oregano, black pepper, banana peppers, chopped cherry tomatoes, red onion, hot capicola , salami, and some other salumi that came in the package.  I wrapped it in foil and heated it in the oven.

20210127_181737.jpg

It's always good to have balance @Ispend2much6😉 Looks so tasty. 😋

@itsfi. Thanks! It was so much quicker than making single sandwiches.

@Ispend2much6 Looks yummy.

@SportyGirly125   Thank you!

@Ispend2much6 Yum Yum yum! Please send some over 😋

@blackkitty2014   Okay!  I'll add some hot peppers for you.

@Ispend2much6   Yay! Delicious 😋

On the other side of the spectrum from @blackkitty2014 's healthy salad, is our celebration dessert tonight: almond cake and ice cream. 

Why is that combo so good?  20210126_210740.jpg

@Ispend2much6 This sounds amazing!

Oh man this is right down my alley @Ispend2much6 . In my book, ice cream and cakes are health food 😘 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014   You are soo right!  Eggs, milk, yogurt... it's all in there, including one probiotic food! 

@Ispend2much6 @blackkitty2014  Ha, I was going to say the same thing. Calcium, vitamin d, and probiotics, plus protein and vitamin E from almonds. Totally healthy! 😄 And it looks wonderful! 

testing