cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@WinglessOne   Thanks!  I'm going to consult with you more often when I need "nutritional advice." 🙂

I was just trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight, @Ispend2much6. Almond cake and ice cream sound perfect! 😋 

@itsfi   I agree, proven by the fact this actually was my dinner!  I am usually content to have a little taste and let the guys have the rest, but as you can see, tonight was not one of those nights.  And since we still have some ice cream left, tomorrow may not be either. 🙂

Mango salad 

FE248AC4-20F6-43E4-A8E2-40C28964F714.jpeg

This looks soooo good @blackkitty2014! 😍 Delicious and nutritious! 😋 

@blackkitty2014   That looks so delicious!  Do you have any hot peppers hiding in there? 🙂  One of the best salsas I ever had used mangoes and serrano peppers.  Wish I could find that recipe again.

@Ispend2much6 are you psychic 😘💕 I do have finely chopped Serrano pepper in there. 😀

@blackkitty2014   Mango and serrano are meant to go together.  Habanero probably wouldn't be too bad either.  Maybe those two ingredients, some olive oil, salt, cilantro, and lime juice and a pinch of sugar would complete the salsa recipe I'm missing?  Would you please try it and let me know? 😃

@Ispend2much6 For my version of mango salad, I have finely chopped cabbage, Serrano pepper, red onion, cilantro, tomato, salt, black pepper, tiny bit of garlic, cooked shrimps, peanuts, mango, a teaspoon of orange juice and lots of lime juice 😘 PS I love habanero but they’re too hot for my husband.

@blackkitty2014   Yum!  Never would have thought to use tomatoes.

@blackkitty2014  Oh, I LOVE mango salad! I love mango anything (almost; don't try feeding me liver with mango 🤣), but especially salads. Yours looks amazing! Now I need to go find some good mangos. 

Yes me too @WinglessOne . My husband tries to grow a mango tree for me but no success so far. It’s super easy. I think it tastes a bit better if the mango is a bit green 😘 Liver can be good with pate . 😂🤣

That sounds so light and delicious, @blackkitty2014. I don't think I've ever tried a mango salad!

Thx you @quspork . It’s very similar to papaya salad.

@blackkitty2014 This looks so yummy.  I had papaya salad over the weekend but never tried mango salad.

@SportyGirly125 I have a mango salad from some Thai restaurants before. Not quite the same I don’t think. This I just put whatever at the house together and it’s the 2nd time I make it. We eat the first one too fast so no times for picture 🤣😂

@blackkitty2014 ,

Even just the words, "Mango Salad," sound heavenly!  Do you deliver?

Hehehe Thx you @tsavorite . I wish I have a way to send some to you 😘

Hello Kitty chocolate bombs. One is peppermint and the other is regular cocoa. 
@Tamara76 I made it and it tastes good. 
6B60A4AF-DF6F-46DF-B304-CA2F3BCA2DBC.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 Those are so cute!

@CookieGirl1 Thank you!

testing