cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

A friend shared this on FB 😂:

FB_IMG_1608882030254.jpg

@CookieGirl1 ,

That's a riot!  😂

@CookieGirl1   Cute!  I would happily live there. 😂

@CookieGirl1   You just made me like gingerbread houses.  If and when we make them we use sugar cookie batter cause ginger cookies aren’t a family favorite. 

@CookieGirl1 @It’s hilarious 😆 

It finally happened- after years of planning but not producing, meat ravioli will be served at Christmas dinner.  They're not that pretty but they are yummy!

20201224_204112.jpg

@Ispend2much6   They look pretty to me!  

@heartsmyface   Thanks!  I think I agree with you; there is no such thing as an ugly ravioli. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 @Is it hard to make? They look so yummy!

@blackkitty2014   Not really.  There is a learning curve in determining if the dough is the right consistency, but there are fixes you can use to make it roll out better, like adding flour to the dough before rolling it in the pasta machine if it's a little too wet.  It only gets bad if you make too dry of a dough because you can't easily add water once you start rolling out the dough. 

I sealed them using a fork.  That's what we did when we made these while growing up, and it gives them a good seal so they don't explode when cooking.

@Ispend2much6 Yum!!!!! I bet everyone will love it. 

@SportyGirly125   Thanks- they'd better it was a lot of work! lol

Peanut butter blossoms for Santa 

58993891-A3B1-414E-9352-9432F519D6C1.jpeg

Prepping Santa’s platePrepping Santa’s plate

@SportyGirly125 Please send over a plate. I’m Santa elf 😘 Sooo good

@blackkitty2014 omg.... you made my night with that reply. I wish we could all share our food with each other. 

Yes me too love @SportyGirly125 ❤️💕💕

@SportyGirly125   One of the best Christmas cookies!  Yum!

@Ispend2much6 This was my first time making it and I am glad my son was happy with them. He put 4 for each one of us to give to Santa with some milk. 

@SportyGirly125   That's so cute!  He must want each of you to get good presents.  I remember my father getting tried to deter us from leaving cookies out for Santa, and now I know why.  Some of us were smart enough to count our huge Christmas cookie stash, probably to make sure we each got our fair share.  So that left my father with having to eat all of the cookies that each of us chose to leave for Santa, or to throw them out, because we would notice if they somehow made their way back to the general cookie collection. 🙂

@SportyGirly125 Awwwww.  Those are adorable and I'm sure delicious!

@tjffc @Thank you. I love the smell of baked goods in the house 

6 Replies
testing