cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Ispend2much6  That definitely looks comforting! This reminds me to look at Ina's new book. Looking at this dish, I imagine her saying "if you don't have a [specific rare breed of] cow in your yard for fresh milk, and a suitable cave for aging the cheese you handmade with that milk, store-bought is fine." 🤣 (I love Ina.) 

😂😂  @WinglessOne   I'm glad Ina gives us options. 🙂  The raclette slices we bought at Trader Joe's were really stinky, but had a mild flavor.  Can't figure that one out.  Ina's new book didn't appeal to me at first, but then I bought it on sale from Amazon during Black Friday week, and really liked it after reading through it. I have just about every one of her books.  Tempted to do a "cook through" of them, one at a time.  

@Ispend2much6 I feel very unsophisticated; I have no idea what a raclette even is.  I'm going to go look it up...

@CookieGirl1   Not at all!  It's a Swiss dish, I believe, that involves cooking a specific type of cheese until it melted, then putting it onto boiled potatoes, eating cornichons with it.  This is way easier, I think, making a type of casserole out of it.

Oh this look good @Ispend2much6 . I work so darn much lately so I’m lazy and not cook much. Yum!

@blackkitty2014. I'm sure you do just fine. No one can do it all.

It's pumpkin time!  My son has a Friendsgiving to go to, and I offered to make dessert (it's always fun to bake and send the calories elsewhere lol.)

These started out as Libby's No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecakes, but I didn't read the recipe carefully and added ALL of the Cool Whip at once, instead of leaving some for a garnish.  That meant I had a white pumpkin filling; it looked like Cool Whip only.

I improvised and added two more cans of pumpkin, a little more sugar, and more spice.  Fortunately that did the trick, so now I would call them Pumpkin Mousse Cheesecake.  🙂  The texture is even lighter, which after a large meal would be great.  Topped with more spice and crushed gingersnaps.

20201114_215639.jpg

@Ispend2much6 Looks delicous!

@Samtian   Thanks!  It's one of the easiest desserts to make!

Yum mee @Ispend2much6 , see you in a bit 💃💃! Those look so good. 

@Sunnysmom   They are really craveable. I'm letting the guys have the rest.

Oh these look so delicious  @Ispend2much6 😋

@blackkitty2014   I was so excited that he brought home leftovers! lol  Thanks!

@Ispend2much6 these look so yummy.  

@SportyGirly125   Thank you- it was a nice, lighter change from pumpkin pie (not that we don't love that too.)

Pumpkin. Mousse. Cheesecake. Are there three better words?!! These look amazing @Ispend2much6! Yum!!! 😋 Your son and his friends are super lucky!

@itsfi   Chocolate mousse cheesecake maybe?  Thanks!  I used Tate's gingersnap cookies for this, and boy are they good!

Good one @Ispend2much6! But just to be sure, I'll need to try both the pumpkin mousse cheesecake and the chocolate mousse cheesecake. Just to be sure, of course. 🤣

Coming in with the heartier fattening soups @Ispend2much6 smartly did not make this week. 😳🙄😂Creamy chicken noodle soup that tastes just like pot pie and chicken meatball tortellini (only had mini raviolis) soup, both so easy and good. (Can use turkey or sausage too.) So yummy for our chillier weather finally. And hey, the good fats...maybe?! 😬

D23D0B0D-2349-40D4-83C4-2222CD7E2DF8.jpeg

51FB031A-D632-44FC-943D-D598A506CD7C.jpeg

@Sunnysmom yum yum 😋 Save me a bowl or two ... I come right over 🥰🤣😂

Yes yes @blackkitty2014 please do! 🤗

testing