cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Ispend2much6 this looks so good.  Love flat rice noodles in my soups.

@SportyGirly125   I just love noodles, period. 🙂

My mouth is watering @itsfi 😮

Awww, thank you @Josi2Cool; such kind words! 😀

Anytime @itsfi ! You aren't just a great chef, you also seem like an even better person! You definetly can count me in as a new follower! I hope we can get to know each other better, and even start a friendship! (If you have the time) BTW, send me some of that food! 

-You're new #1 fan, Josi2Cool

Last night's dinner (and leftovers for today) - chicken and eggplant stir fry

eggplant.jpeg

Yum, @itsfi! This looks so tasty!

Thank you @quspork! I sometimes forget how much I do enjoy cooking. 

@itsfi That looks delish! I love any sort of eggplant but the family doesn't, so I rarely cook with it.

I didn’t care for eggplant growing up @NinaNee but now I love it. 💜 It’s too bad your family isn’t fond of it; I shall send some your way the next time I make it. ☺️

Oh yes @itsfi I'd gladly take some of you yummy food!

@itsfi that looks so good.  Yum 😋

Thank you @SportyGirly125! It was nice - filling but not heavy.

Looks so good @itsfi and pretty too . I love love basil, think I could eat just that on pasta half the time. ( prob with a dab of olive oil or butter! Oops) I need to try this sometime!

Pasta, basil and olive oil (or butter) sounds yummy @Sunnysmom! 😋 

@itsfi Why did you try to make me hungry lol :).  Look delicious!!! I wish we can grow some basil.  Those darn snails devour our basil every time we try to grow them.

Thank you @blackkitty2014! I love basil! The snails love them too! 🐌 😉 

@itsfi   Oh, yum!!  I saw a recipe for braised eggplant with basil that looks just like this; is that basil in your dish?  Too bad we don't live closer and cook have a cooking "co-op."  🙂

Thank you @Ispend2much6! ☺️🤗 Oh my goodness! How much fun would a cooking co-op would be!! 😍 That would be hitting the jackpot for me - I’m a much better eater than cook. 😂 

Yes, basil. ♥️ I found Thai basil at the farmers’ market this past weekend, and that spurred me to pick up some Japanese eggplant 🍆 at another stand.

I got some eggplant at the farmers market too @itsfi !  haven't had it in a while, and rarely do...but it's just so nice and buttery and melts into a dish.  I love basil too!! 😋

What's on your plate?

It has been chilly the last couple of days. I made some Khao Piak to warm us up. Khao Piak is basically an Asian version of chicken noodle soup but the broth is thick. Everyone eats it differently. I like to load mines up with condiments but my husband likes his plain. This is also a very cheap dish to make. I have a family of 4 and this dish always cost me less than $8 to make and I always get a whole pot full. Less than $1 each for a pack of tapioca starch and rice flour to make the noodles. I had bought 2 whole chickens from Costco for $7. I used the breast and bones from one chicken to make the stock and meat for the soup. To the stock I also added 1 onion and half a clove of garlic I already had on hand. This usually last a day and a half. We have a new puppy and he needs to be watched 24/7 so I wanted to make something that will last for a bit so I don't have to worry about cooking.

testing