cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Ispend2much6 yup I’ll have to make it soon for sure. Agree on olive oil. 2 T 🤦🏻‍♀️, not for us Italians. 😂. I don’t doubt it on the pasta either. Once again quality rules like all in life! And hey, at least it’s not like you’re spending it on lots of makeup or anything .😳🤣😘🤗 

@Sunnysmom   Spending on makeup?  Not me....

😂😂😆🤓 @Ispend2much6 ! 😘

@Ispend2much6 delicious! and how amazing that you have fresh eggplant from your garden 😊

@myxducky  Thank you!  Our weather didn't cooperate this spring/early summer and most of our plants died, but just enough survived.  Do you garden?

66DB5318-4BDF-40D4-86D8-D8CD83AFD267.jpeg

So this happened. Chocolate zucchini bread. So simple and good. And, veggies,  so... healthy?! 😳😂

@Sunnysmom, this looks delicious. 😋 I’ll have to see if I have zucchini or pick some up at the farmers’ market this morning. Note that I will not need to look whether I have chocolate chips in the house. 😂🤣😂

Hee hee @itsfi I’m pretty sure chips are an essential ingredient to always have on hand aren’t they?! 🤣 I seem to have to have some little form of chocolate and have been known to use these if no other alternative , as I know most do too?! Sounds like you may be similar as well?! This bread was so tasty my goodness. 

Lol. Yes @Sunnysmom!! Water, coffee, tea, chocolate. If I have those (not necessarily in that order 😆), I’ll be good. 😉 

You’re my kind of pal @itsfi ! 😘 Same same! Maybe throw in pasta for good measure. 😬

@Sunnysmom, pasta!!!! ♥️♥️♥️ Yes! 😋 

@Sunnysmom Chocolate Zucchini bread!   Yummo

Def yummo @tjffc ! 😋

Yup my kind of healthy @Sunnysmom 🤣😂

Absolutely @blackkitty2014 me too! You been baking in our heat too?! Kind of crazy to do I realize. Prob shouldn’t have to conserve. 😕

@Sunnysmom Thx god for AC. It’s so miserably hot where we’re at. We wouldn’t make it without AC. Luckily we have solar so we produce more than we consume. I justify my baking with no TV. We hardly watch TV anymore 😂🤣

Same @blackkitty2014 so thankful for AC tho it’s first week we’ve even used it! Wish we had solar. Good for you. Can’t say same about tv tho 🙄😂I need my Netflix and Hulu! Lol. 

@Sunnysmom Plus, chocolate's full of antioxidants, so... super healthy! 

I can't remember the last time I made zucchini bread, but now I want some. 🙂 Yours looks delicious! 

Me either @WinglessOne ! Plus I used half bittersweet so not too sweet and I really liked it that way. Def more antioxidants! 😉

Think recipe is by two peas and their pod. Simple ! Somehow feels less guilty than the cake?! Lol 

yum! this looks delicious!

@Sunnysmom   It looks so moist!

1 Reply
testing