cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: RE: What's on your plate?

Thx you @tjffc . I like to make the mini ones cuz they’re easier to store 😍

Re: RE: What's on your plate?

@blackkitty2014 looks yummy!

Re: What's on your plate?

I've been lucky enough to work from home for the past 4-5 months, but I've also gained 4 pounds since the beginning of quarantine since I've been baking treats and eating out of boredom.

I'm now trying to lose that weight by fasting and exercising.  I also eat smaller portion sizes and read that adults should eat only what fits on an 8 inch plate.  The photo below is the plate portioning I try to follow.  I eat a lot of Japanese food so it's easy to eat healthy.  I lose weight fast so it only took a week to lose those 4 pounds by doing those 3 things.

Breakfast:

• Strawberries and blueberries
  • Toast with black sesame and maple syrup spread
  • Scrambled egg mixed with spinach, topped with soy sauce

Lunch:

• Japanese noodles with spinach, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, chicken

HEPJan2015

What's on your plate?

I haven't been on here in a while. Everything y'all have been making looks awesome! I've really been craving a vermicelli noodle bowl but we still are staying home unless necessary since I have an at risk daughter. Today I finally made my vermicelli bowl. Normally when I want this we'd just go out to eat. I don't make this often because it's not the husband's favorite plus my kids are picky.

@NinaNee This looks delicious.

@tjffc thanks it was yummy. I could actually use another...

@tjffc thanks it was yummy. I could actually use another bowl right now 😆

This looks delicious, @NinaNee

@quspork thanks! It was very yummy.

@quspork thanks! It was very yummy.

@NinaNee ,

Your bowl looks wonderful!  You are making all of us hungry!

Thanks @tsavorite if only I could share with you all.

@NinaNee Wow.  And how many hours did that take to make?  🙂

@CookieGirl1 I made everything in two days so I wasn't cooking for so long in one day. I made the egg rolls the day before and that night I marinated the pork and pickled the carrots. The next day I cooked my pork in the air fryer, cooked my noodles, made my sauce, cut the veggies, smashed some peanuts and season/pan fried the shrimp. This all took about 2 hours. The egg rolls is what takes the longest, probably around 3 hours or more. I always make a lot of egg rolls because the husband and kids like to just snack on them. I always heat my egg rolls back up in the air fryer (oven works too) and it's crispy again. I always do everything alone. The husband works 3rd shift and my kids aren't too helpful yet.

@NinaNee now THAT'S dedication! 👍

@CookieGirl1 lol I would make this more often if the family enjoy eating it with me but since they don't then I don't make it often. When I crave it then we just go to the restaurant so everyone can get what they want.

@NinaNee That looks so delicious. 

@Anastasiya13 Thanks it was very yummy.

@NinaNee I’m with @itsfi . If you make extra, we will be right by your door 😋

@blackkitty2014 Yes for sure, I want to eat this with people who would like it just as much as me. I'll give the family the boot next time lol

@NinaNee   The pork looks so good!  I'm in awe of how disciplined you are. 

@Ispend2much6 The pork is the only thing my son likes to eat. He asked if he could just eat the pork but I made him take some noodles and a tad bit of sauce.

@NinaNee, you’re making me crave a vermicelli bowl! 😍 If your husband and kids don’t want it, I’ll step up and take theirs. 😆 It looks so good! Yum! 😋 

testing