cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a big dessert potluck after this is all over @Sunnysmom?! Definitely need some stretchy pants!

It so would @ShortErica ! Too much fun! Recipe swap! 🤣 yes on the pants too! 😘

@Sunnysmom ,

It looks simply amazing to me!  Yum, blueberries!   Definitely a good idea for breakfast!

Aww thanks @tsavorite you’re too kind to me! 🥰😘

@Sunnysmom  Looks perfectly baked to me- and full of blueberries!

😬🤗 @Ispend2much6 ! 

That looks AMAZING @Sunnysmom 

?! really ?! Thank you @emaisgr8 ! 😘

Now I’m hungry @Sunnysmom!!! 😋 I love blueberries! It looks so yummy!! 😍

@itsfi I decided to just dumb it down after I made a rather unsuccessful blueberry tart. Lol. Fighting the urge for it to be a breakfast option right now! 

It would make a fabulous breakfast option @Sunnysmom! It’s like a variant of blueberry pancakes or waffles, right?!

As for the blueberry tart, I don’t think I can just take your word for it. 😆 Nope. I’m going to have to taste the tart and the cobbler to determine if the tart was really unsuccessful. 😉 I have a feeling the tart was just as tasty! 😋 

Ha 😘😘 sweet @itsfi thank you! 🤗 Here it is for you to see how I burnt the edges lol. Inside tasted ok but I’m still learning how to manage a newish oven, ugh! Any advice?! 

837A04CA-F442-4625-A8EA-1486A07E58DA.jpeg

 and forgive pic if blurry and sideways maybe. lol 

@Sunnysmom   I don't know if that qualified as burnt; I've seen the same depth of brown in cookbooks!

Oh really @Ispend2much6 ? Good to know, I didn’t know that! I did cook it the appropriate time too so I couldn’t figure out why it browned so much. Told you I was a rookie baker. I meant it. 🤣

Oooh, a new oven @Sunnysmom? Fun!!! The only thing I’ve tried to keep the edge from burning is to cover the edge with foil. 

Ohhh, that tart looks soooo good!!! 😍 A success in my eyes!! Burnt edges add flavor to the tart. I’ve always found ice cream helps if the burnt edges are a problem. 😆 😋 But I mean, who am I to say “no” to another tart?!! 😂 

Oh yes thanks @itsfi 🤦🏻‍♀️ why didn’t I think of that! 🙄I will redo it soon I’m sure at the rate this stay home stuff continues and I’ll be sure and show u IF it turns out. 🤣 Happy to send some over however if makeup shipments are any indication we may be in trouble! 😂Or maybe it would help it! 🤔

@Sunnysmom, you didn’t think of it because you don’t burn as many things as I do. Hahaha! 😂 As for the next round of delicious treats, I’m ready!!! 

itsfi_0-1595970352409.png

Hahaha so cute! And oh if you only really knew me @itsfi ! 🤣 It’s either that or underdone!! 😫🤦🏻‍♀️

@Sunnysmom Looks delicious to me. 😘

Felt like making an easy dinner.  All Aldi ingredients: turkey lunchmeat, ham lunchmeat, buffalo cauliflower dip, muenster cheese, tomatoes from the garden, and tuscan bread ready to heat on the panini maker.   Cucumber slices from the garden with ranch dressing.

20200724_195739.jpg

Wow! That’s a lot of sandwich @Ispend2much6! 😃 I think it would last me for a few dinners. It sounds tasty!! 

1 Reply
testing